We are looking for someone to join our leadership team to be part of the next chapter of Media Molecule in pushing creative gaming boundaries.
The Production Dept Lead will use the right blend of creative, technical and management experience to lead the Studios production discipline to deliver the creative and commercial vision of projects with a AAA quality bar whilst maintaining a happy & productive team.
We are looking for someone with experience in either running the Production on a AAA title, or a “big in scope” successful indie game on a team that is 100+ or someone who has experience working on UGC games projects. The key here is – 100+ team, high quality delivery, complexity that innovation brings, proven development and people management skills.
Having a creative spirit, sense of humour, and many tools in your production toolbelt is a must. Experience in communication, leadership and best practice production process, using these to problem solve and ensure that the production team can continue to build innovative products in a collaborative methodology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO/YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for delivering on the creative and commercial goals for the projects.
- You will be responsible for delivering the Production roadmap, maintaining the agreed budget, and resource plans
- You will work consult with your Senor Production team and directly with the Studio Director to agree the production approach for the game title(s)
- You will be responsible for setting out the budget, and quarterly updates
- You will be responsible for reporting Production status into the Studio Leadership team
- You will head the team’s production department, managing the team, their ideas and building consensus and passion in its direction
- You will provide active and on-going communication regarding the state of the production team, and review staffing plans regularly and proactively in relation to the current project phase and objectives
- You will manage the production and test teams holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- You will actively be involved in delivering performance reviews for the production team
WHO YOU ARE/YOUR EXPERIENCE
- You are an excellent Producer with a track record delivering quality products as a Lead Producer.
- You will have experience managing an effective production team.
- You are an excellent people person, with the ability to read the health of the team (including identifying any training & development needs or team structure changes)
- You possess the ability to conceptualise a creative vision and establish quality benchmarks for the team
- You are highly organised and can juggle multiple priorities & deliveries
- You have an in-depth understanding of all production processes
- You show good emotional intelligence and empathy in your approach to management
- You show good judgement and reach conclusions and propose decisions – while offering positive and constructive feedback
- You will have a proven track record of proactive risk management, problem solving, working in collaboration with other discipline leads (art, animation, audio, and engineers)
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in AAA, Live Service, MMO / Online Game play a plus
- Sense of humour!
*Due to Covid -19, we are all currently working from home until the New Year. We will continue to review the situation and will always keep our candidates and employees informed of the evolving situation.