Media Molecule - About Us!
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
We are looking for an experienced tester to join our QA team and help us ship Dreams. This role will be a challenge and you will be joining us at very important part of phase of development. There are many different and often changing needs for QA on Dreams, this means you will need to be able to have a good grasp of how the game functions at a low level and be able to switch disciplines quickly.
You will be joining a small, close knit and multi-discipline team where you will be expected to take ownership of certain game areas as well as provide support for other members of the team.
The department works very closely with programmers, designers, artists and production across the entire development life span so you will need to be able to converse and be confident working with a wide variety of people and personalities.
What you'll be doing
- Helping support teams, providing feedback and raising issues people are seeing.
- Working alongside our partners in Sony and aiding them with questions and guidance.
- Working on your own, as part of a team as well as directly with developers to make sure areas of the game are tested.
- Creating test plans and writing documentation for the game or tools.
- Perform structured and unstructured testing across various areas of the game.
- Helping deal with issues that come in from our community.
- Ideally, you’ll have some experience of working in a development studio although not essential.
- 2+ years of games QA experience.
- A real keen eye for detail and be confident using game development tools.
- A confident problem solver and quick learner.
- Experience with development tools/engines e.g. Unity, Unreal or even LBP or the Dreams creator Alpha would be great, also if you have any experience of working in a live environment that would be a big plus.
This is a permanent position.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.