Media Molecule - About Us!
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
We are looking for an experienced Localisation & Audio Producer to help us ship our Dreams! This is a challenging role and you will be joining at an incredibly exciting and important phase of the journey of Dreams. There are many different localisation and audio needs, and you will be touching all different aspects of the game - from the story, tutorials and website, to the creation tools themselves. You will need to become deeply immersed in our product, working very closely with our Localisation Systems Manager, Production, QA, and the wider team.
As production lead for localisation and our audio department, you will need to have a thorough understanding of planning and scheduling needs in these areas. We are a close-knit team, so we’re looking for someone who will be a true team player and excellent collaborator. Localisation quality and reach is essential to Media Molecule, and audio is a large and complex area, so this is a big and important role to play here!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with developers, the production team and internal QA on all production aspects of localisation, planning and scheduling translation runs/asset handovers, recording sessions, and so on
- Working with the audio department on all aspects of planning and scheduling audio work, including localisation of VO
- Create a strong partnering relationship with our new Localisation Systems Manager, ensuring cohesion for the wider team when it comes to dealing with localisation issues, and handling asset preparation and management, communication and troubleshooting
- Handling all communication with Sony localisation services and localisation QA
- Demonstrable localisation co-ordination experience, preferably on a large project with varied localisation needs and many translated languages
- Good production experience, working with both developers and publishers
- Audio production experience
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
- JIRA experience
- Experience on a UGC project
- Any general experience of proprietary localisation asset management systems
- Knowledge of languages is desirable but not essential
This is a permanent position.
What you get:
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Make sure to upload your CV/Resume and please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise.
We look forward to receiving your application!