Mediahub is a global media planning and buying company with over 900 employees worldwide. We are an award-winning agency built for challenger brands – those disrupting the status quo and looking to reinvent how to reach consumers and measure success. Our smart and nimble team consists of key verticals including Insights + Action (Comms), P3 (Search, Paid Social & Programmatic), and our creative media group, the R+D (Radical + Disruptive) Lab, which specializes in working with avant-garde media partners to develop ideas that consumers seek out, share and talk about.
As one of the three major Interpublic media agencies (NYSE: IPG), we are powered by the buying and intelligence power of Magna Global and the data and tech backbone of Kinesso. We’re proud to have been named Adweek’s 2018 U.S. Media Agency of the Year and Ad Age's 2019 and 2020 Media Agency of the Year.
Our mission? To be an agency that attracts, retains, and promotes outstanding employees of all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities while fostering an accepting, antiracist culture and atmosphere where all employees can do their best work and feel safe, fulfilled and appreciated. We hope you will join us!
The Media Data Sciences team partners with both internal and external stakeholders and data providers, leveraging analytics and measurement to enable optimization of media spending.
The Analyst supports all aspects of data processing for subsequent analysis and performance reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of SQL stored procedures, views, functions, performance tables, and well-tuned queries. Analyze and profile data contained in relational databases using both SQL query language and DBMS business tools.
- Monitor and manage data quality processes and data integrations. Perform corrective and evolutive maintenance of all the data exchange and data solution processes. Make sure the data platforms and processes are running well, both in data collection, integration and processing.
- Build an understanding of digital and media ecosystems including challenges of data tracking with cookies/SDK’s, website tagging options, impact of walled gardens, and basic TV and OOH measurement and attribution options available.
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to manage data logistics – including data specifications, structures, rules and transfers from numerous media channels and partners. Proactively identify and communicate barriers to complete work requirements.
- Collaborate in the development of dynamic reports that enable end users to define numerous parameters that allow users to filter and aggregate data as required. Create custom reports that allow end users to drill down on dimensions for more detail.
- Coach, guide and support the team of data management and insights analysts. Make sure that knowledge transfer flows in both directions, establish the protocols to guarantee knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrate a good level of proficiency with SQL as evidenced by the ability to:
- Execute advanced SQL queries and Stored Procedures to process and automate data.
- Optimize query performance, improve processes, diagnosis problems.
- Implement best-practices on database schemas and ETL processes using Talend ETL suite
- Bachelor’s degree typically in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional services or corporate environment
- Higher level of proficiency with the following tools - SQL, Excel, Adverity, Domo, Talend
- Experience with ad-serving platforms such as Google Campaign Manager; web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics, and tag management tools such as DTM/Launch, GTM and Tealium
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with various online and offline media channels
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python.
- Advanced degree typically in a quantitative discipline
- Prior media analytics experience/knowledge
- Greater ability to program in Python and Java
- Familiarity with media mix modeling and other forms of regression-based ROI; A/B and multivariate test design