Mediahub is a global media planning and buying company with over 900 employees worldwide. We are an award-winning agency built for challenger brands – those disrupting the status quo and looking to reinvent how to reach consumers and measure success. Our smart and nimble team consists of key verticals including Insights + Action (Comms), P3 (Search, Paid Social & Programmatic), and our creative media group, the R+D (Radical + Disruptive) Lab, which specializes in working with avant-garde media partners to develop ideas that consumers seek out, share and talk about.
As one of the three major Interpublic media agencies (NYSE: IPG), we are powered by the buying and intelligence power of Magna Global and the data and tech backbone of Kinesso. We’re proud to have been named Adweek’s 2018 U.S. Media Agency of the Year and Ad Age's 2019 and 2020 Media Agency of the Year.
Our mission? To be an agency that attracts, retains, and promotes outstanding employees of all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities while fostering an accepting, antiracist culture and atmosphere where all employees can do their best work and feel safe, fulfilled and appreciated. We hope you will join us!
At Mediahub, Insights + Action is our strategic muscle. The team thrives on exploring changing consumer behavior, cultural trends, and competitive insights to discover new innovative solutions. They have an endless curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Associate Director, Insights + Action understands all media channels and disciplines with the ability to develop ideas and strategies across channels that drive business goals, steward internal and client-facing relationships, and ultimately owns the audience narrative. They are comfortable synthesizing multiple forms of data, including primary, syndicated, and third-party research to develop innovative and actionable communication strategies and go-to-market ideas. In this position, they will lead a team in bringing target audiences to life, conceptualizing bespoke outputs and strategies, and leveraging an array of research methods, including developing first-party research, macro-trend mapping, and harnessing data in the growing programmatic landscape. They will lead a roster of clients across major categories while also supporting projects and new business efforts.
- Defines clients’ brand and business problems in the context of a media challenge we can solve
- Identifies the right tools to investigate the challenge, from internal disciplines and syndicated tools, to proprietary research and partner data
- Is consumer obsessed – uncovers actionable insights that brings target audiences to life and drives the strategy forward across all channels
- Is culture obsessed – keeps a pulse on what is driving and thriving in today’s mainstream world and passion-driven communities
- Thinks outside the box – keeps creative media at the forefront of strategic solutions
- Has a deep understanding of traditional, digital, and emerging media channels and can seamlessly work across teams, disciplines, clients, and agencies, building upon and uniting work under holistic communications plan
- Ability to create and foster client relationships and forge deeper partnership with consumer insights teams
- Leads the creation of architectures/strategies for clients based on target insights and brand objectives
- Understands and champions data-driven targeting and programmatic audience solutions that fuels precision strategies
- Plays a leadership role in designing, fielding, and analyzing proprietary research
- Composes clear and intriguing research questions that will lead to strong hypotheses and fresh insights
- Synthesizes multiple forms of data into innovative and actionable communication strategies and go-to-market ideas
- Communicates ideas (both in conversation and via written briefs) that guide and inspire R+D team, planning discplines, and media partners
- Leads thought leadership pieces to help put the agency at the forefront of media trends and audience innovation
- Takes a leadership role in new business development as opportunities arise
- Ability to provide leadership and inspire a team while fostering growth in a hybrid-workplace environment
- Comfort in data analysis (Excel) and building stories (Keynote, PowerPoint)
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5-10 years of experience required in related field (e.g. media planning, marketing, consumer research, strategy, etc.); Minimum of 2 years of agency experience.
Software: Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Keynote, familiar with most major syndicated tools, both strategic planning and consumer insight, e.g., GfK, MRI, Mintel, WARC, Euromonitor, Nielsen, Kantar, Qualtrics and affinity-based tools, including CrimsonHexagon, Brandwatch, Helixa, Affinio.
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication required.
Soft Skills: Strong organizational skills and analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative), ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and close attention to detail.