Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. We’ve been honored as Ad Age's Media Agency of the Year, a Leader in Forrester's first-ever wave of major media shops, and Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year.
At Mediahub, Communications Planning is our strategic muscle. The Communications Planners thrive on exploring changing consumer behavior, cultural trends, and competitive insights to discover new innovative solutions. They have an endless curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Associate Director, Communications Planning will lead roster of clients across major categories while also supporting projects and new business efforts. The Associate Director, Communications Planning must thrive on exploring changing consumer behavior, cultural trends, and competitive insights to discover new innovative solutions. In this position, you will participate in new business development as opportunities arise.
- Defines the client's brand and business problem in the context of a communications challenge we can solve.
- Identifies the right tools to investigate the challenge, from internal resources to syndicated tools, to proprietary research and partner data.
- Designs, fields, and analyzes primary research.
- Writes clear, well thought-out and intriguing questions that will lead to fresh and disruptive insights.
- Synthesizes multiple forms of data into innovative and actionable communication strategies and go-to-market ideas.
- Communicates ideas in ways that guide and inspire both internally and to clients.
- Creates consumers journeys and brings target audiences to life by analyzing multiple data sources, including primary, syndicated, and third-party research.
- Seamlessly works with teams across disciplines, building upon and uniting work under a holistic communications plan.
- Participates in new business development as opportunities arise.
- Familiarity with most major syndicated tools, both strategic planning and consumer insight, e.g., GfK, MRI, Mintel, WARC, Euromonitor, Nielsen, Kantar, Qualtrics.
- Experience with social listening and affinity-based tools, including CrimsonHexagon, Brandwatch, Helixa, Affinio.
- Understands of all channels and disciplines with the ability to develop ideas and strategies across all consumer touchpoints.
- Travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned*
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Minimum 5-10 years of experience required; in related field (e.g. media planning, marketing, consumer research, strategy, etc.); Minimum of 2 years of agency experience.
- Software: Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Keynote, familiar with most major syndicated tools, both strategic planning and consumer insight, e.g., GfK, MRI, Mintel, WARC, Euromonitor, Nielsen, Kantar, Qualtrics and affinity-based tools, including CrimsonHexagon, Brandwatch, Helixa, Affinio.
- Communication: strong written and verbal communication required.
- Soft Skills: Strong organizational skills and analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative), ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and close attention to detail.
*Duties, responsibilities and activities of this position may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.