Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. We’ve been honored as Ad Age's Media Agency of the Year, a Leader in Forrester's first-ever wave of major media shops, and Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year.
The Campaign Insights team partners with both internal and external stakeholders and data providers, leveraging analytics and measurement to enable optimization of media spending. The Analyst is responsible for gathering and preparing data and conducting analyses using various tools in support of the delivery of analytic solutions.
- Develop a basic understanding of client’s industry, business objectives and strategy, media plans, and consumer journey to provide context for analysis and reporting needs.
- Gain a basic understanding of the digital and media ecosystems including primary channels, digital tracking and large media platforms, and privacy requirements in media tracking.
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders on data logistics – including data specifications, structures, rules and transfers from numerous media channels and partners.
- Access collected data and thoroughly QC and prepare the data for subsequent analysis.
- Conduct various analyses and reporting leveraging at least two of the following tools - SQL, Excel and Tableau.
- Demonstrate a base level of proficiency with SQL as evidenced by the ability to:
- De-duplicate data in database tables using queries
- Leverage database functions to calculate metrics
- Join tables
- Demonstrate a base level of proficiency with Excel as evidenced by the ability to:
- Use functions such as VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP to correct data
- Use SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, etc. to create reports
- Create pivot tables to summarize data
- Demonstrate a base level of proficiency with Tableau as evidenced by the ability to:
- Create basic calculated fields and basic visualizations such as tables and bar charts
- Create dashboards that convey basic information and publish to a Tableau Server
- Exhibit an ability to interpret/synthesize analysis findings and draw insights pertinent to the client’s business
- Prepare basic report content (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in support of deliverables
- Limited participation in the presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders
- Answer questions about data sets and analyses and maintain project documentation
- Document and articulate steps taken in an analysis to project managers
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines with high-quality outputs on a limited number (1-4) of concurrent projects / demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Proactively communicate with supervisor regarding workload and the status of assignments
- In addition to the execution of projects, begin to participate in project design and planning
- Actively seek out opportunities to perform next level (Sr. Analyst) tasks
- Develop a basic understanding of Mediahub capabilities and how analytic services fit into the broader client picture
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.); advanced degree typically in a quantitative discipline desired
- Experience: Up to 2 years of experience (including internships) in a professional services or corporate environment; prior media analytics experience/knowledge desired
- Software: Demonstrated base level of proficiency with at least two of the following tools - SQL, Excel, Tableau; Ability to program in other languages such as SAS, SPSS, R and Python desired
- Working knowledge of MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Strong analytic thought process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with various online and offline media channels
- Other duties as assigned*
*Duties, responsibilities and activities of this position may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.