Senior Visual Designers at Mediacurrent produce beautiful, compelling work. They are thinkers and creators who consider the function of their products equal to aesthetics. They show excitement for digital thinking in everything they do.
Senior Visual Designers oversee design projects, from initial conception through to delivery, so you should be comfortable both leading and creating design solutions across a range of mediums. Strong typography, iconography and unique branding are the DNA of our visual language for interactive systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be able to communicate and present work effectively to both client and internal teams
- Lead design on projects
- Participate in all project phases, from strategy to launch to optimization
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Liaise with production discipline and design team to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects for each client’s specific needs
- Be a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- BA/BS in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication or other related discipline
- Interactive design experience
- Formal design training
- Fast and efficient contributor to project design
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse designs demonstrating a passion for design
- Impeccable execution and care for all aspects of design, from conceptual thinking to motion and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present findings, and articulate design rationale
- A strong understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Motivated and organized, dedicated and accountable
- Careful attention to detail
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message
- Excellent working knowledge of design software Figma, Sketch, Principle, Zeplin and Invision
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
- Excellent working knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides
Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
At Mediacurrent, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Our values as a team are to promote positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. We love having fun while we work and always make an effort to give back to our communities. Our team spans across 30+ states.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.