Mediacurrent's Senior Backend Developers are talented, self-motivated, and hands-on software engineers who enjoy clearing these hurdles with poise and panache. Inevitable blockers don’t make you sweat, because you know it’s all part of the product lifecycle.
From design, to deployment, to post-launch phases - including technical trainings - you’ll utilize a wide variety of programming languages to craft elegant solutions to the occasional shortcomings of the digital minutiae to keep things running as smooth as (humanly) possible. This is your field of expertise, after all; you thrive on the ability to demonstrate your prowess from behind the proverbial curtain.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements, augment and improve the application, and anticipate future client needs.
- Provide technical development and analysis across all project types. Specifically focuses on enterprise-level projects.
- Test assigned features to ensure proper functionality, prior to committing to live staging build.
- Mentor team members on development best practices.
- Assist sales team and Director of Development on scoping and pricing custom development and support projects.
- Working with the project lead to analyze customer requirements and system requirements.
- Draft technical plans and functional specification documents for leading custom and support implementations.
- Lead projects with awareness to project deliverables, budget, and client needs.
- Experience designing and building web applications and solutions.
- Demonstrable excellence producing technical solutions at a high level.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Knowledge of custom Drupal implementations, front-end frameworks, and the ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on best practices.
- Deep knowledge of the Drupal application framework, including module and theme layer, and ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on Drupal best practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to draft detailed technical specification documentation.
- Understanding of current web technologies such as React, Gatsby, GraphQL etc.
- Advanced understanding of Git version control.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan and build large scale technology projects successfully.
- Understanding of efficient deployment workflows.
- Drupal experience.
- React and related technology experience.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, Rational Unified Process, Waterfall, and understanding when to apply them.
- Technology training experience.
- Writing and editorial experience.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.
Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
At Mediacurrent, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Our values as a team are to promote positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. We love having fun while we work and always make an effort to give back to our communities. Our team spans across 30+ states.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.