Architects are responsible for crafting the vision and technical implementation strategy for digital projects. The Architect works with customers to derive project requirements and plans implementations that conform to customer requirements. You will help define the technical strategy through drafting workflow diagrams, specification documents, and use cases. You will also oversee the technical work of the Mediacurrent development team that’s assigned to any given project.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Draft technical plans to create applications that perform efficiently are best-suited for long-term maintenance and upgrade, and exhibit leading-edge interactive features.
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to define milestones and completion points.
- Architect performant and reliable:
- Backend solutions - using tools such as Drupal, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Frontend solutions - using Drupal theme layer. React, Gatsby.
- Tackle development for the most challenging areas of a project.
- Determine optimal development direction based on project requirements.
- Work with and integrate front-end frameworks such as React.
- Keep informed and provide thought leadership on emerging technologies.
- Provide project and task estimates.
- Ensure proper approach, best practice application, and correct separation of presentation code from business logic.
- Oversee release schedule and deployments for assigned projects.
- Mentor team members on development best practices.
- Grow as a project and technical leader with mentorship from Lead Architects.
- Assist revenue team and Director of Development on scoping and pricing custom development and support projects.
- Analyze customer documentation and dialogue with stakeholders to gather system requirements.
- Lead customer discussions advising on technical problem solving and solutions during project status meetings.
- Assist Director of Development in resource planning for custom website builds and support projects.
- Experience designing and building large-scale custom web applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. The ability to articulate highly abstract concepts to a non-technical audience is a must.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously (multi-task) is a must.
- Deep specialization in one or more of the following:
- LAMP application stack (PHP/MySQL)
- Serverless frameworks
- Frontend application development (React, Drupal theme)
- Drive to expand expertise into more than one of the areas listed above, or new areas as required.
- Ability to draft detailed technical specification documentation.
- Advanced understanding of Git version control.
- Experience leading a team of 2+ developers.
- Proven ability to manage large-scale technology projects successfully.
Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
At Mediacurrent, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Our values as a team are to promote positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. We love having fun while we work and always make an effort to give back to our communities. Our team spans across 30+ states.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.