Mediacurrent is an open source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
At Mediacurrent, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Our values as a team are to promote positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. We love having fun while we work and always make an effort to give back to our communities. Our team spans across 30+ states. BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Role:
The Resource Manager works closely with department heads, project managers, recruiting, and our sister agencies to ensure staffing is aligned and forecasted across external or internal projects and creates/analyzes reporting from our proprietary time tracking system/external applications.
- Communicator - You excel in written and verbal communication to keep meetings running smoothly and follow up with written summaries.
- Highly Organized - You have a desire to organize all things. You want no email unanswered, no task untracked, no meeting without an agenda, and detailed notes. If you see a mess, you want it cleaned up and organized.
- Problem Solver - You love tackling big challenges and utilizing creative problem solving to meet deliverables on time and on budget.
- Self-Motivated - You have a passion to grow and invest in our internal teams. You take a direction and see it through to completion.
- Empathetic - You are highly capable of seeing and receiving other points of view, understanding, and communicating with empathy. Diverse opinions and experiences make our work, our clients, and our team stronger.
- Proactively follow up with department leads, team leads, and project managers to ensure project and staffing plans align across teams
- Oversee weekly forecasting meetings and communication between team members affected by project changes.
- Research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements, augment and improve the application, and anticipate future client needs.
- Work closely with the recruiting team on upcoming needs and forecasting
- Understand the capabilities and interests of team members to factor into staffing decisions
- Build/Update custom reporting utilizing Google Sheets, BigQuery, and Data Studio from raw resourcing data for short and long-term reporting on staff utilization and upcoming forecasting
- Communicate with sister agencies’ traffic managers to align on staffing needs across the broad agency network.
- Follow-up with team members to ensure time entries are entered and accurate. In a timely fashion.
- 4+ years of experience in a resource management role. Experience in a digital agency preferred.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, communication, and customer service skills.
- Detail and results-oriented, able to accurately track and report on multiple departments simultaneously
- Skilled at working with a variety of agency teams, including Technology, Project Management, Creative, Strategy, and Marketing.
- Comfortable with creating and analyzing utilization and forecasting reports, as well as raw data
- Familiar with the web development production process including timelines, scoping, budgets, staffing, etc.
Valued knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Digital agency project management, account management, or recruiting experience.
- Drupal experience
- Proficiency in advanced Google Sheets, BigQuery, DataStudio, Jira (Tempo Timesheets).
Perks & Benefits
- Funding for conferences and continuing education.
- Annual stipend for tech tools to help you do your job.
- Opportunity to have every other Friday off (9x80 schedule)
- Benefits package, including generous health insurance coverage for individuals, a matching 401k savings plan, and paid vacation.
- Apple Macbook decked out with the latest high-end specs.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Mentoring, lots of training and weekly knowledge shares.
- Work remotely full time.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The job will be performed from any location that offers an Internet connection. Due to the nature of the professional services business model, the position may occasionally require more hours of work per day than the typical 8 hour day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, as well as reach, stoop, and/or kneel to install computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. Light to moderate lifting and the ability to uphold the stress of traveling are required; regular, predictable attendance is required. Work environment characteristics may include moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic), and may require the ability to work in a confined area, and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.