Mediacurrent is an open-source development and digital marketing agency that creates transformative digital experience platforms for enterprise, government, non-profit, and higher education organizations and their customers.
Since 2007, we have built a growing, sustainable company that believes in collaboration, education, and providing predictable results for our clients. Organizations such as The Weather Channel, PwC, New York Senate, Georgia Tech, Olympus, Habitat for Humanity, and Guardian Insurance have trusted Mediacurrent to solve their most complex digital and web challenges.
At Mediacurrent, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Our values as a team are to promote positive impact, empathy, and inclusivity while fostering leadership and personal growth through dignity and respect. We love having fun while we work and always make an effort to give back to our communities. Our team spans across 30+ states. BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the Role
You’ll work with a distributed team of top talent that is committed to delivering the best for our clients, supporting you and your career development, and being a thought leader in open-source software.
We Will Offer You:
- The support, tools, and environment to help you succeed.
- An existing team of thought leaders in their field with a portfolio of world-class case studies to prove it.
- Exposure to all facets of the web development process in a transparent, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- An ability to telecommute and work from the convenience of your home.
- A portfolio of challenging projects across every industry vertical with global brands.
- Excellent learning opportunities, professional growth, and mentoring.
- Guide customers and team through the front-end process, helping articulate the designers/client’s vision to other developers.
- Turn interface designs into style guide components and Drupal themes that position customer’s web presence for success.
- Determine optimal front-end development direction based on project requirements.
- Work with and integrate front-end frameworks such as React.
- Keep informed and provide thought leadership on emerging interactive design, front-end technology, and usability trends.
- Contribute to open source community projects that are centered around usability and the front-end.
- Provide project and task estimates.
- Work with internal and external customers to discuss project status and long term roadmap strategies.
- Ensure proper approach, best practice application, and correct separation of presentation code from business logic.
- Create prototypes that communicate the features and functionality to internal teams and clients.
What We Are Looking For / Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience building user interfaces from design assets for the web.
- Ability to understand and interpret written creative briefs/questionnaires, wireframes, and creative assets to direct reports in front-end best practices.
- CSS/HTML5 expert that understands the latest trends and techniques for styling for desktop and mobile browsers.
- Knowledge of responsive design, accessibility, and a good knowledge of browsers’ limitations and features.
- Detail-oriented, excellent follow-through, ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, working on multiple projects in unison.
- Experience using source control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Drupal 8, Twig, and implementation of front-end development within CMS platforms is a plus.
- Expertise in interactive design, including CSS animation techniques.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
- Positive, supportive, and a good sense of humor are traits we desire.
Perks & Benefits
- Funding for conferences and continuing education.
- Annual stipend for tech tools to help you do your job.
- Opportunity to have every other Friday off (9x80 schedule)
- Benefits package, including generous health insurance coverage for individuals, a matching 401k savings plan, and paid vacation.
- Apple Macbook decked out with the latest high-end specs.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Mentoring, lots of training and weekly knowledge shares.
- Work remotely full time.
If you’re ready to make a difference for users and clients with a team of incredibly supportive, collaborative people, then we want to hear from you! We are a welcoming and inclusive community, and we strongly encourage everyone to apply.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The job will be performed from any location that offers an Internet connection. Due to the nature of the professional services business model, the position may occasionally require more hours of work per day than the typical 8 hour day. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, as well as be able to or have assistance to install computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. Light to moderate lifting and the ability to uphold the stress of traveling may be required; regular, predictable attendance is required. Work environment characteristics may include moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic), and may require the ability to work in a confined area, and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.