THE OPPORTUNITY: BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a key member of the engineering team and reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will cross-functionality collaborate with teams to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. We are looking for an engineer who’s passionate about product craftsmanship and cares about great design.
What you will do:
- Develop high-performing, scalable, and available backend infrastructure
- Contribute to and continually improve our site architecture, feature components, development process, and SDLC tools, and system design
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code
- Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback while sharing your knowledge with other members of the team
- Collaborate with product, sales, customer-support, and other departments to implement new growth initiatives
- Identify performance bottlenecks while proposing and implementing effective solutions
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Education: BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5+ years of software development experience, 2+ years of Ruby and Rails
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical applications
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems, with strong understanding of how backend code affects the database layer
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute!
- Knowledge of other OO programming languages and familiarity with tools like PostgreSQL and Redis
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with APIs (REST and GraphQL)
WHY MEDELY: BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation on top of ten paid holidays
- Energetic team environment: The tight-knit Medely team can often be found together at bi-weekly team meetings, weekly lunches, and community hangouts
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry on a national scale!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact through the build of exceptional products
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities
Medley does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior written approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.