Back End Engineer
About the Role
As a member of the engineering team you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in the company to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. You are passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design, not only in products and their visual presentation but in your code and technical architecture as well.
What You'll Do
- In this role you will be developing high performance and scalable REST-based APIs to drive our websites, mobile apps, and partner integrations.
- Write great code, innovate and contribute to the analysis, design, critique and continual improvement of the site architecture, its constituent software components, process, tools, and methodologies
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code
- Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process
- Interface with team members to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical applications
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Experience with Ruby/Rails
- Experience with Postgres, Redis
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Microservices and distributed system
- Cloud computing and storage systems
- Infrastructure and system design
- Networking and data storage
- Machine learning and natural language processing
- Experience with Kubernetes, or Google/AWS services
- Medely offers a range of generous benefits and perks, including great medical, dental, and vision insurance. Team members can also enroll in our 401(k) plan.
- Our beautiful office is located on the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica.
- We believe that work/life balance is important, so we implemented a 3 weeks PTO policy.
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities