Welcome to MEDAL! We’re making it easy to share and search patient health records (HIPAA). We help doctors and their staff get off the fax machine and into the modern age at a fraction of the time and cost. Our work lies at the intersection of patient privacy and authorized secondary use of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
We are looking for an experienced EA/Office Manager for a part time (20-25hrs/week) position that will gradually grow into a full time position. This person will work closely with primarily the CEO to coordinate travel and meetings, but will also be instrumental in keeping our office, processes and procedures streamlined.
- Day to day running of a busy office: Receiving visitors; Handling routine enquiries; Handling incoming and outgoing mail/packages; Maintaining stocks of office supplies and snacks; Owning upkeep of workstations and conference rooms
Ensure office cleanliness and tidiness while gently encouraging others to do the same (e.g. load and empty the dishwasher and clean up after meetings)
Manage all vendor relationships
Proactively seek ways to streamline office processes and leverage best practices that build on our collaborative work environment. We love technology and would like to know what products, services, apps, social tools you think will help streamline operations
Manage equipment procurement and inventory
- Manage and maintain multiple schedules (primarily the CEO); coordinate travel on as-needed basis
Exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
Assist in the planning and execution of internal and external events
- Organized: You are someone who enjoys working hard to make sure details are taken care of quietly, smoothly, and in an organized manner behind the scenes
- Adaptable: You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a face-paced and ever-changing environment
- Work Autonomously: You must be able to work with little to no direction. You’re reliable and feel a strong sense of accountability
- Detail Oriented: You execute flawlessly on any task, big or small. You notice when the text is italicized and the quotation marks are not.
- Proactive: You know your job is never done. You anticipate others’ needs and enjoy helping others without anyone needing to ask you. You are five steps ahead of everyone else
- Enthusiastic: Pride in your work shows in everything you do.
- More: Your communication is clear and efficient. You’re a quick problem-solver.