Welcome to MEDAL! We’re making it easy to share and search patient health records (HIPAA). We help doctors and their staff get off the fax machine and into the modern age at a fraction of the time and cost. Our work lies at the intersection of patient privacy and authorized secondary use of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
MEDAL is seeking a veteran hands on coder to develop tools to share and search electronic health records! This person will be a key player on our software engineering team, helping to design architecture, and act as a fluid link between our backend architecture and helping our Product team deploy front end design requests. You know Python like it's the back of your hand, and are excited to be a part of a small (and growing) Agile engineering team.
- Full stack development with top results in performance, security, availability
- Work with product and data science team to engineer high-performance text indexing and analytics
- Encrypt, secure, and share patient health records
- Develop and maintain secure secure patient data apps (HIPAA)
- 5+ years as a Python engineer
- Experience with API development and data processing
- Experience with a python web framework such as Flask or Django
- Some messaging system knowledge ( such as RabbitMQ )
- Have a proven experience building and bringing products to market.
- A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
Familiarity or Willingness to Learn
- Data Science/ Machine Learning (on the job training)
- Elastic Search / SOLR / TensorFlow
- Other languages, especially statically typed: C#/Java
- Experience and enthusiasm for Amazon AWS and Terraform