Welcome to MEDAL! We’re making it easy to share and search patient health records (HIPAA). We help doctors and their staff get off the fax machine and into the modern age at a fraction of the time and cost. Our work lies at the intersection of patient privacy and authorized secondary use of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with a passion for managing complexity and building awesome products. As the lead PM for Medal you will drive planning, coordination and technical delivery of critical aspects of our products.
This role involves regular collaboration with our Engineering, Corporate and BD teams. You should enjoy working across disciplines, have a strong history of managing timelines and enjoy digging for unidentified scope. If you love empowering strong engineering teams to build awesome product on time and love writing specs, this is the right position for you. Because of the size of our company this would be the right fit for someone who has gone through the trenches of boots on the ground work and is not afraid of being immersed in the process of execution.
- Work directly with Business Development and Engineering teams to determine scope and sequencing for our most important initiatives
- Own our master schedule for development efforts
- Be enthusiastic about writing specs for deliverables
- Be excited by user research and always consider the end user
- Create and prioritize product roadmaps for core product objectives
- Drive products to completion on time
- Anticipate risks, communicate them and pro-actively facilitate removal of blockers
- Manage expectations across our organization
- Increase visibility of core initiatives across the company
- Work directly with individual contributors to ensure that tasks are prioritized correctly and roadblocks are removed
- Drive continuous improvement of key processes through project review and detailed documentation
- Collaborate with team leads to guide resource planning and future staffing needs
- Superb product management skills
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and in person
- Ability to comprehend a broad range of technical specifications, including ability to evaluate for key trade-offs
- 4+ years experience as a PM in a fast-paced highly technical environment
- Strong understanding of Agile process, including pragmatic use
- Ability to work with limited information and help to guide others through ambiguity
- A proven track record of shipping complex, critical initiatives on consistent timelines