Welcome to MEDAL! We’re making it easy to share and search patient health records (HIPAA). We help doctors and their staff get off the fax machine and into the modern age at a fraction of the time and cost. Our work lies at the intersection of patient privacy and authorized secondary use of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
If you’re passionate about designing intuitive interfaces that make the most daunting of tasks delightful, we want to hear from you! Medal is looking for an experienced UI/UX designer to join our team for a 3-4 month contract. In this role you will collaborate with our BD and Engineering teams to help us achieve our vision for HIMSS, where we will be demoing for the Interoperability Showcase in early March.
- Own the user experience for our HIMSS demo. We’re relying on you to translate user needs and business objectives into designs that help our customers get the job done.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Balance short-term product design needs with vision into the future. Spend time exploring ideas on how we can improve the product over the long term.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, partnering with business development and engineering to conceptualize, build, and ship highly usable product that customers love to use.
- Execute on your designs. You have the chops to implement design changes using HTML, CSS and proper frameworks.
- Practice extreme ownership. We’re counting on you to establish realistic timelines and complete projects on time.
- Ensure consistency across all of our products & integrations by adhering to our style guide and making updates when necessary.
- 3-7 years of experience doing product design
- You have a proven track record of success in creating delightful products and can showcase your work.
- You not only welcome feedback from customers and teammates but you thrive on it.
- You have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable having discussions with users, engineers, and executives.
- You’re analytical by nature and factor both quantitative and qualitative data points into your designs whenever possible.