Welcome to MEDAL! We’re making it easy to share and search patient health records (HIPAA). We help doctors and their staff get off the fax machine and into the modern age at a fraction of the time and cost. Our work lies at the intersection of patient privacy and authorized secondary use of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
Medal seeks an experienced engineer to build and advance our pioneering work in medical data encryption, patient privacy protection, and “ratelocking” ( https://github.com/dakami/ratelock ). You are the backbone on which our platform grows.
In this role, you will:
1) Architect, implement and manage Medal's HIPAA infrastructure in the AWS cloud, including establishment of risk assessment methodologies and compliance maintenance procedures
2) Architect, implement and manage Medal's development infrastructure and build/release processes
3) Collaborate with the development team in understanding requirements and deploying Medal's applications to the AWS HIPAA infrastructure
This person will have full operational responsibility of the infrastructure for both production and development, i.e. servers and containers, network topology, security, backups, access controls, encryption...
- A strong desire to automate everything, using infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience with CI/CD build tools (Pipelines, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc
- Infrastructure operations and service monitoring and logging experience
- An understanding of application deployment patterns and best practices
- You are methodical and meticulous in your ability to manage a process
- 5+ years of DevOps or Infrastructure experience
- Experience with AWS tools and services
- Experience with distributed application containers (Docker)
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM
- Experience working in highly regulated environments (healthcare, financial)