Welcome to MEDAL! We’re making it easy to share and search patient health records (HIPAA). We help doctors and their staff get off the fax machine and into the modern age at a fraction of the time and cost. Our work lies at the intersection of patient privacy and authorized secondary use of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
MEDAL is seeking a hands on coder to develop tools to share and search electronic health records! This person will be a key player on our software engineering team, helping to design architecture, and act as a fluid link between our backend architecture and helping our Product team deploy front end design requests. You know Python like it's the back of your hand, and are excited to be a part of a small (and growing) Agile engineering team.
- Develop software in keeping with our product development architecture, providing top results in areas such as performance, security, availability, reliability etc.
- Assist the Product team with front end deployments
- Encrypt, secure, and share patient health records
- Develop and operate secure HIPAA infrastructure
- 3+ years as a Python engineer
- Experience with Django
- Experience with API development and data processing
- Some messaging system knowledge ( such as RabbitMQ )
- Experience and enthusiasm for Amazon AWS and Terraform
- Have a proven experience building and bringing products to market.
- A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
Familiarity or Willingness to Learn
- Other languages, especially statically typed: C#/Java
- Data Science (on the job training)