Are you interested in helping create a brand-new, purpose-driven company in the music industry? Do you thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment? If you do, we’d like to get to know you.
WORKING AT THE MLC
The Mechanical Licensing Collective (MLC) is committed to excellence, service, transparency, and diversity. Our culture is collaborative, our people are adaptable, and our office environment is open. On our team, you are respected, valued for your unique strengths and experiences, and empowered to identify and resolve your own challenges.
This role will be a leader pragmatic about technology, passionate about using it to disrupt accepted norms and able to achieve high performance for team results.
You will have a strong delivery record and experience of owning, influencing, architecting and executing technical products and programs.
You will lead a variety of project goals, contribute to product strategy, and help develop your team.
You will be strong technically and roll up your sleeves when needed.
- 8 years of relevant software engineering experience
- 3 years of managing software engineers
- Java, node.js, PHP, React
- Familiar with the following technologies: AWS, GCP, TerraForm, Docker
- Knowledge of Elastic Search, Relational Databases and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
AS A TECHNOLOGY LEADER YOU WILL:
- Build, lead, and motivate a software engineering team
- Drive standards and maintain a sustained velocity of delivery while supporting their team
- Take ownership of the Engineering team, identifying risks, dependencies and new opportunities
- Establish a strong Agile culture, encouraging innovation, inclusion, teamwork and diversity
- Continuously improve our software engineering practices by introducing new ideas, agile methodologies, continuous delivery and experimentation
- You will collaborate with Product Managers, and technology leaders to deliver new systems, features and product enhancements for our members.
AS A TECHNICAL LEAD YOU WILL:
- Lead technical design and decisions at team or project level
- Define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Pick relevant technologies and lead with a test-first approach
- Be creative and experiment with new Technologies but be pragmatic and committed to code optimization and validation
- Contribute to the technical vision of The MLC
- Help standardize and continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Positively contributes to continuous technical development of project team
YOU WILL CHAMPION THE MLC’S CULTURE BY:
- Embracing The MLC’s leadership values and applying The MLC’s Guiding Principles to your team’s work
- Being process-oriented, data-driven, and tech-savvy; being collaborative, curious, and open to new ideas
- Building a diverse and dynamic team; mentoring team members; developing future leaders
- Inspiring others with your enthusiasm and humility