Are you interested in helping create a brand-new, purpose-driven company in the music industry? Do you thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment? If you do, we’d like to get to know you.
WORKING AT THE MLC
The Mechanical Licensing Collective (MLC) is committed to excellence, service, transparency, and diversity. Our culture is collaborative, our people are adaptable, and our office environment is open. On our team, you are respected, valued for your unique strengths and experiences, and empowered to identify and resolve your own challenges.
The MLC is looking for a UX Designer to join our Technology Team. In this role, you’ll be constantly bringing product specs to life and working shoulder to shoulder with a team that is dedicated to agile development, user-centric innovation, and building an innovative product that our customers love.
This role requires strong listening skills and the ability to explore diverse perspectives and experiences to improve the user experience, and translate user and business needs into solutions.
- One year of applied UX/UI Design experience or equivalent professional training
- Strong communication skills, especially with developers, UX designers, and product managers
- Experience collaborating closely with a development team on design implementation
- Experience designing, prototyping, and developing process tools (eg. Figma, Zeplin, JIRA)
- Ability to work in a highly-fluid, fast-paced and collaborative environment, taking initiative quickly
APPLY DESIGN THINKING & USER RESEARCH SKILLS TO:
- Translate product design solutions into various deliverables such as wireframes and visual designs
- Maintain our style guide and pattern library as product features evolve
- Research and document user journeys and personas
- Research solutions for identified product problems
- Foster informed decision making by making data-driven recommendations for changes
USE PROCESS TOOLS & DOCUMENTATION SKILLS TO:
- Write user stories that can be turned into development tickets
- Handle design acceptance and communicate outcomes clearly
- Organize research outcomes into a digestible and documentable format
LEVERAGE COMMUNICATION & FACILITATION SKILLS TO:
- Participate in and lead user interviews
- Tell compelling stories with relevant data, making ideas understandable and learnings digestible
- Support developers to ensure implementation of designs and features go smoothly
- Collaborate with team members at all levels
- Successfully lead initiatives that require engagement across multiple stakeholder groups
YOU WILL CHAMPION THE MLC’S CULTURE BY:
- Applying The MLC’s Guiding Principles to your work and your behaviors
- Being process-oriented, data-driven, and tech-savvy; being collaborative, curious, and open to new ideas
- Building a diverse and dynamic team; mentoring team members; developing future leaders
- Inspiring others with your enthusiasm and humility