The Fermentation Associate will be responsible for operating all fermentation equipment/vessels under the supervision of the Fermentation supervisor. This person will support day-to-day fermentation processes including CIP (clean in place), SIP (steam in place), media preparation/sterilization, and reactor preparation. This person will be working on groundbreaking fermentation in this next generation of plant-based food products. Through our Technical Operator model, employees will have the opportunity to learn how to operate in all critical areas of the plant including (fermentation, food processing, maintenance, sanitation, laboratories, and warehouse). We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members to grow in our dynamic company.
- Clean and maintain fermentation and media vessels according to standard operating procedures
- Manage fermentation processes and sanitation processes (clean in place/steam in place)
- Accurately and safely handle/measure chemicals for CIP’s/SIP’s
- Maintain a clean and hygienic workspace based on Good Manufacturing Practices
- Document processes/metrics accurately
- Maintain all quality and food safety standards
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on fermentation equipment including inspections, lubrication, valve/sensor troubleshooting, and routine replacements (filters, gaskets, diaphragms, etc.)
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- HS diploma or similar certification
- Ability to learn quickly, work well with others and participate as part of a team
- High attention to detail, dedicated to a high caliber of work performance
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience working with industrial fermentation processes including but not limited to brewing, pharmaceutical, enzyme, biofuels, etc. is preferred
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
**Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Meati we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.**
$22.50/hour base compensation + $4/hour shift differential, which is just one aspect of our total compensation package. This position is also has the potential for quarterly bonuses and equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on skills experience.
- Friday – Sunday, 3x12-hour shifts, 1st shift, shift start time ranges from 5:00am – 9:00am
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee (for employee-only coverage)
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Monthly reimbursements for personal health and wellness expenses
- Mental health programs at no cost
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage, and AD&D
Equal Employment Opportunity: Eat Meati™ is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required prior to the start of employment at Eat Meati™.
About Eat Meati™
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Eat Meati™ is on a mission to build Good Energy™ from the ground up. We work closely with Mother Nature to cultivate the complete protein she intended — one that’s been the root of our living world for millennia. We’re connecting and empowering eaters everywhere to evolve energetically. We believe food should be simple, clean, and of course, delicious, which is why grow and nourish our mushroom root to create nutrient-rich, whole food protein everyone can enjoy. Get to know more about Meati™ at meati.com.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Eat Meati™ a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of the Meati™ team and the growing plant-based meat category..