Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
Join our mission to provide nutritious, affordable food for all. Be a part of a team that takes pride in making climate friendly, nutrient-dense alt-proteins from Mycelium- the muscular root structure of mushrooms. You’ll lead a team of maintenance techs and perform day to day maintenance, repair, and equipment troubleshooting including the following major tasks and responsibilities:
- Diagnose, inspect, and repair complex interrelated process machinery in a sanitary food manufacturing environment.
- Provides preventative maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities with mechanical, pneumatic, steam, and basic electrical skills.
- Responds to equipment breakdowns and emergency repairs to maintain production equipment in a full safe working capacity.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Consistently follow food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Maintains compliance with SQF standards and use of appropriate PPE and meet all EH&S requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Maintenance and Food Manufacturing Industry experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, hardworking individual who enjoy working as a team, possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and an obsessive commitment to customer safety, service, quality, and consistency.
- Must have a strong mechanical intuition and be proficient with hand tools and repair techniques.
- Ability to work at height with proper fall protection equipment
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload efficiently with and without assistance and oversight.
- Ability to work in disagreeable environments, including loud, hot, humid, dirty, and wet environments with proper PPE and safe practices when required.
- Must have basic math and computer skills including email communication, and ability to use computer-based maintenance work order,scheduling systems and reporting.
- Must be able to stand for periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body and walk.
- Sufficient mobility and dexterity to safely and properly use hand and power tools.
- Requires proof of Covid vaccination as a condition for employment.
Compensation: $28-36/hour depending on specific work schedule and shift.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.