Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Senior Director of Brand will lead Brand Strategy and Brand Marketing at Meati, reporting to the VP of Marketing. You want to create a new category and build a beloved, global brand from the ground up, transforming how consumers experience food. You will work cross-functionally and with company leadership to define and execute a vision for establishing Meati as the leading alternative protein choice among consumers, delivering on business goals. You’ll play a large role in supporting the overall GTM strategy.
You have significant experience building beloved – and ideally global, iconic – brands, along with a passion for food and/or sustainability and climate. You’re naturally curious with a knack for solving problems that others may not realize exist, pushing beyond the status quo. You can demonstrate expertise in brand strategy, consumer and market insights, and product development/innovation and commercialization. At your core, you leverage actionable insights and keen pattern recognition to drive results, inform innovation and unlock consumer and customer value. You’re naturally proactive, entrepreneurial, tapped into cultural trends, and you must also be a versatile leader, equally comfortable driving strategy while building at the tactical level.
- Develop and drive Meati’s brand strategy, based on strong consumer, customer, category, and market landscape insights, with a compelling vision for the future of Meati that brings sustained category growth
- Establish and maintain core elements of brand strategy and identity including positioning, value proposition(s), visual and verbal identity as well as experience principles, with the ability to optimize for resonance with multiple audiences
- Drive audience research and segment(s) definition, developing a comprehensive picture of the Meati consumer and their path to purchase, and communicating that definition and priorities throughout the business
- Be the voice of the consumer, informing brand positioning, identity, and core messaging, building a strong presence for Meati and driving adoption with its target audiences
- Lead cross-functional teams to build and execute brand marketing strategies aligned with product and company brand goals
- Use data, technology, and creative solutions to build a differentiated brand experience that drives awareness and acquisition
- Lead creation of messaging framework and resulting owned content, creating a brand experience in partnership with the Director, Digital Experience, that drives trial, repeat and word-of-mouth
- Represent the voice of the market in the new product innovation process; lead new product marketing launches, including developing assets and driving to launch
- Establish and track brand KPIs across the customer journey, such as awareness, engagement, satisfaction, referrals, and overall sentiment
- 8+ years’ experience leading brand strategy and brand marketing
- Demonstrated ability to drive brand strategy, consumer and market insights, and product development/innovation and commercialization to revolutionize category identity and growth
- Impeccable writing ability and a smart eye for design
- Awareness of cultural trends and consumer needs
- Strong relationships with past Creative teams
- Ability and comfort flexing between left/right brain
- MBA ideal
- Agency experience a strong plus
Compensation: $160k - $180k
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.