Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Director of Foodservice will plan and manage the execution of sales plans for foodservice and related business on a regional and national scale, and in line with the department’s annual and long-range business plans and sales and profitability goals.
- Establish quarterly goals and objectives and assess performance
- Develop and manage key foodservice brand partnerships as well as relationships with large broadline distributors and redistributors including Sysco, US Foods, Performance Food Group and DOT Foods.
- Strong foodservice relationships across channels including deep experience with Quick-Service/Fast Casual restaurants (QSR’s).
- Source, evaluate, and select a network of distributors, assessing credit worthiness, warehousing and shipment capabilities, and overall business practices
- Foster and manage relationships with distributors
- Develop and manage relationships with key foodservice accounts to assist them in creating consumer demand at the store level
- Work with foodservice distributors and brokers and the marketing department to design creative merchandising and promotional programs tailored to customers
- Collaborate with the Sales team to develop overall sales strategies, annual business plans, and operating budgets
- Develop annual sales forecasts and prepare weekly analyses and reports that monitor and analyze sales activity and market trends
- Conduct quarterly and/or annual business reviews with key customers
- Assess and pursue opportunities for development of new business within the assigned region
- Provide ongoing education to brokers, distributors, and chains regarding product categories, programs, and promotions
- Negotiate, approve, and manage broker contracts, including commission schedules and performance standards
- Bachelor’s degree emphasizing Sales or Marketing, or equivalent business experience is required
- 5-7+ years’ foodservice sales experience
- Must have experience with branded partnerships in foodservice
- Will ideally have experience working within the dessert and/or snack foodservice segment
- Must be capable of working with key chains in the branded foodservice segment.
- Previous experience in selecting and managing foodservice brokers and distributors is required
- Strong experience in the development of annual business plans, sales forecasts and reports, and budget management
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, verbal/written communication, work organization, influence management, and contract negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and provide ongoing direction to broker partners
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to extensively ground and air travel
Compensation: 140-180K + equity
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.