Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Fermentation Manager will lead all fermentation aspects at a new “state of the art” production facility operating 7 days/24 hours/day. This position has leadership responsibility of every aspect of fermentation for a Colorado manufacturing operation and plays a critical role in the growth and development of the company’s results. The role is part of the senior leadership of the facility setting the direction, culture and strategy of the facility.
- Direct and manage a best in class, cutting edge fermentation process focusing on processing, quality and production results in order to meet company goals and objectives
- Team leadership of a multi-shift, 7 day/24 hours workforce
- Focus on driving excellence throughout the fermentation process and team
- Driving toward continuous improvement and excellence for the fermentation process by identifying and communicating production gaps and/or opportunities to improve the process
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise and addressing them
- Develop a motivating “team” culture that is “results focused”
- Bachelor’s degree in Fermentation, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar field
- Industrial Fermentation managerial and supervisory experience required
- Strong understanding of fermentation processes
- 7 - 10 years of industrial fermentation experience
- 2 - 4 years supervisory/managerial experience
- Strong ability to diagnose problems and prioritize solutions
- Thorough understanding of sterile boundary and aseptic practices in industrial fermentation
- Experience in CPG food manufacturing preferred
- History of successfully leading, driving and growing a high performing, high growth manufacturing team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience leading teams
- Experience leading a multi-shift, 7-day/24-hour manufacturing operations preferred
Compensation: $90,000 -$110,000 depending on experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.