Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Director of Business Development will report into the company President and lead company reporting, planning, and forecasting. This role will help lead the development of both short- and long-term customer strategies that enable top and bottom-line growth. The role will lead a small team and help mine external and customer data to help the company’s leadership team diagnose key consumer and category trends and set corporate strategy. The role will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain teams as a Hub for key communication and process management and ensure effectively translation of strategies into commercial goals for the organization.
- Ensure the company has a clear commercial plan to achieve 2022-2025 revenue goals.
- Lead measurement of sales, market share, and capture all external competitive intelligence.
- Prepare and deliver category vision and Meati-specific commercial selling stories
- Collaborate closely with the Supply Chain organization to coordinate production planning.
- Facilitate revenue management decisions through pricing, promotion, and distributor decisions.
- Provide input on account capabilities to marketing in the development of brand and account strategies
- Direct distributors on account priorities and account specific projects
- Attend and participate in industry events, and lead webinars, conference call updates, and email communication
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in the food industry
- Strong existing understanding of U.S. Food Channels
- Experience and comfort with syndicated data including Nielsen.
- Experience creating compelling category selling stories
- Strong team orientation with interpersonal skills to support
- Ability to collaborate with people in diverse functional areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel by plane or car up to 50% of the time
Compensation: ~170K base salary based on experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.