Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Food Engineer will support manufacturing innovation and improvement of existing processes, design, install, and configure equipment to reduce cost, improve equipment reliability, and develop best practices within the production process. Work at Meati Foods is fast-paced and provides an exceptional amount of hands-on experience, responsibilities, and exposure.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Explore and implement new equipment and technologies to advance the company’s competitive advantage.
- Create conceptual designs that can be integrated into scope of work, bid, or fabrication documents.
- Communicate with OEM’s to ensure equipment can meet desired needs.
- Assess processes, take measurements, and interpret data.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems.
- Utilize new technology and lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency.
- Develop a network base with equipment vendors.
- Ensure adherence to Meati Foods’ policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, etc.)
- Develop & maintain process guidelines (SOP/SOC) and training programs for the integration of new products and systems
- Experience with industrial manufacturing, ideally food or dairy.
- Understanding of process automation.
- Experience working on capital projects, at the plant or corporate level.
- Functional knowledge of CAD software.
- 2D AutoCAD
- 3D CAD Inventor, SolidWorks, etc.
- Thorough understanding of P&ID’s, General Arrangements, and mechanical fabrication drawings.
- Comprehension of sanitary design for equipment and facility infrastructure.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Capability to communicate to a broad range of audiences. (i.e., technical, and non-technical people)
- Strong time management – getting projects completed on time, every time.
- Willing and active team player.
- Eager to take on challenges and wear many hats.
- Skilled problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedicated to human and food safety and quality.
- Passionate about healthy food and healthy living.
- Hands on mechanical aptitude.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong conviction and ability to defend oneself with logic and reason.
- College degree in Engineering preferred.
- 0-3 years in manufacturing/production environment with food industry experience preferred.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time
- Work with and near fermentation and food mfg equipment
- 95-115K + benefits + stock options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.