Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The HR Business Partner is a key strategic partner for leadership and a valuable resource for Meati employees. This role will focus on being a key resource in onboarding, talent management, and employee relations. This role will have the knowledge and commitment to be a resource to leaders and employees in how to achieve their fullest potential and be successful. This role will focus on making a positive impact on how Meati employees experience change, optimize performance and provide resources for any situation or need. This role will have excellent problem-solving skills by providing innovative solutions, deliver excellent HR customer service skills, and recommending action items based off data and facts. This role works cross-functionally with many departments including manufacturing, facilities, quality, fermentation, warehousing, and many others.
- Provides strategic insights on Human Resource initiatives, policies, and programs to achieve business objectives.
- Facilitates initiatives aligned with the business strategy, team goals and organizational alignment.
- Motivates through employee engagement strategies, best practice, and innovative resources.
- Maintains knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Adapts training, onboarding and development programs to business need and employee trends.
- Provide expert coaching, facilitation, advice and/or mediation to employees and management to resolve workplace issues. Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Assists with sourcing and recruiting duties as needed and provides candidate insights on employee base and area of responsibility.
- Champions performance management by providing guidance on goal setting, achieving KPIs/OKRs, recognition, delivering feedback and looking for employee development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns. Promote ongoing feedback mechanisms for employees and look for ways to create open dialogue across all career stages and levels for a collaborative environment.
- Analyzes employee trends (i.e. turnover, employee relations issues, staffing challenges, etc.) to identify root causes. Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders. Recommends and facilitates proactive programs and plans based off key data and facts.
- Ensure legal requirements and employment laws are met to minimize exposure to liability. Perform effective and legally defensible investigations into employee complaints (including alleged sexual harassment, violations of company policy) and recommends company response to the employee. In conjunction with management, conduct disciplinary actions and counseling, including recommending terminations.
- Ensures that employee data is accurate in HRIS systems. Conduct exit interviews and compile statistical reports and information.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: employee relations, talent management, organizational strategy, training and development, continuous improvement
- Ability to leverage strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations at varying levels of the organization; including but not limited to leadership.
- Strong reasoning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to motivate teams, manage conflict and drive engagement
- Ability to effectively manage projects and execute on deliverables
- Ability to understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
- Basic understanding of local, state, and federal employment law
- Basic knowledge in word processing, spreadsheets, computer systems (examples include Excel, Word, O365)
COMPENSATION: $75,000 - $100,000
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.