Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Plant Manager will oversee and manage production, quality control, procurement, inventory management, finance, sales, and marketing. This position has executive leadership responsibility of every aspect of the company's operation and plays a critical role in strategic planning to guide the future growth and development of the company’s results/team.
- Direct and manage best in class production focusing on results
- Key objectives include managing output, yield, labor, safety, quality, and efficiencies
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems such as GMP, HACCP, 3rd party plant audits, FDA/USDA regulations, Vendor selection, and quality improvement methods
- Understanding of Budgeting (P&L and other financial reports) and managing financial variances; capital budget planning
- Understandings and knowledge of Human Resource responsibilities
- Working knowledge of maintenance best practices, such as preventative or predictive maintenance that improves uptime efficiencies
- Develop an effective safety culture that proactively deals with safety risk in the workplace
- Working knowledge of Sales and Marketing (sales forecast, SKU rationalization, new product development, primary sales channels, etc.)
- Have experience in demand planning/production scheduling; make to inventory, and/or working with a MRP via an ERP software
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of experience in food manufacturing in a leadership role, experience with FDA and/or USDA preferred (small to midsize company)
- Have a history of successfully leading and shaping an organization
- A strong ability to assess business objectives, diagnose problems, and prioritize solutions
Compensation: 140-180K depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.