About Us

When it comes to food experience, me&u helps you always feel like a local. The company’s vision is to bring that feeling to everyone, anywhere - so no matter what neighbourhood you live in or visit, you’ll always know the perfect place to go and exactly what to order.

me&u is used by 6000+ bars, pubs, and restaurants to create memorable guest experiences and grow their brands. With 200 staff in five countries, and offices in Melbourne, Sydney, London and Austin, me&u is the consolidation of two leading hospitality technology companies: Mr Yum and me&u, who merged in November 2023.

About The Role

We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Integrations Engineering team at me&u. Our Integrations team aims to provide our venues and guests with an unrivalled experience, by developing and building state of the art systems that reliably communicate with our partners.

As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and developing highly available, robust and secure products. You will closely collaborate with the business and our customers, to figure out the best API and system designs to solve complex problems. Our product has over 20 integrations and a roadmap to deliver many more, which enable our venues to easily adopt the me&u platform - this role is critical to the success of the business!

What You'll Do

• Design and deliver reliable and scalable solutions that contribute to the POS Integrations we support, at times interfacing with challenging 3rd party APIs
  • Write idiomatic, well-tested, maintainable that follows strong engineering practices and effectively communicates intent to the rest of the team
  • Work with our technology stack that includes; Node, NestJS, Typescript, AWS, GraphQL and more
  • Mentor and share knowledge with other Engineers and non-technical stakeholders willingly
  • Contribute to the development of Engineering best practices and solution architecture
  • Participate in agile processes by interpreting user stories & implementing them in our platform.
  • Working closely with stakeholders across design, product, data science and marketing to develop the best infrastructure that is aligned with the wider me&u vision
  • Analyse business needs and implementation approaches to deliver high-quality applications

What You'll Need

• Strong experience in programming languages such as Javascript, Typescript, Go, Ruby etc.
  • Experience writing clear, well-tested, maintainable code that follows strong engineering practices
  • Experience building scalable, modularised front and backend applications or distributed systems
  • Experience mentoring other engineers; by sharing knowledge, participating in code reviews and providing constructive feedback
  • The ability to participate in healthy debate about solution design and implementation, showcasing your strong, well evidenced opinions - which are loosely held
  • Experience designing and implementing APIs that enhance the developer experience, providing complete, accurate, and easy-to-digest documentation

Why me&u?

Work with impact and purpose. We’re helping the hospitality and entertainment industries to thrive and me&u is at the forefront of this. Expect collaboration and interesting problems to solve. 

Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You’ll have the trust, freedom and support to experiment and not be afraid of failure but to learn from it...and have fun together along the way. 

Work that challenges you. We’re growing quickly, and you will too. You’ll have numerous opportunities to embrace discomfort, grow and learn as me&u expands and scales globally. 

Work that works for you. We’re a flexible, remote-friendly place with inclusive leave options and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. We prioritise our team’s mental health & overall wellbeing, with access to mental health days and support programs.

Diversity and Inclusion Commitment

We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive me&u community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Enter the verification code sent to to confirm you are not a robot, then submit your application.

This application was flagged as potential bot traffic. To resubmit your application, turn off any VPNs, clear the browser's cache and cookies, or try another browser. If you still can't submit it, contact our support team through the help center.