The MealPal team believes finding lunch doesn’t have to be a chore and neither does your day job.
Mobile Engineers at MealPal work in a tight-knit, cross-functional team to build our consumer-facing mobile apps. Whether it’s creating new UI flows, implementing automated testing suites to ensure stability, or collaborating with Product, Design, and cross-disciplinary engineering teams to build new features, MealPal engineering builds the experiences that allow us to accomplish our mission: to empower people to eat intelligently.
- Design, build, and maintain the MealPal Android application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with our team to define, design, and ship new features
- Must love lunch
- 2-4 years of experience working on the Android platform
- Experience building and maintaining Android applications
- Stay up to date on the latest Android trends and best practices
- Experience with RxJava or other reactive programming styles
- Experience using Dagger2, Retrofit
- Experience with/desire to learn Kotlin
- Basic understanding of databases
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with Git
- Love for the science and art of product-driven engineering. You have an eye for detail and are passionate about creating amazing, delightful user experiences.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams encompassing product, design, engineering, and analytics.
- Great problem solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Realm, Espresso, Firebase
- Experience with CI tools such as CircleCI, Fastlane
- Experience with Android animations and custom UI
- Any iOS development experience
- Eager to engage in a whiteboard discussion on any topic from vertical scalability to human interaction design.
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something
- 401(k) with company match
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch & dinner
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team