MealPal helps our customers find great food in five countries across three continents. Built with love in NYC, we scope and ship lean features that we can track over time. That data then informs our roadmap to ensure we're spending our time well. Every MealPal employee is also a customer, so we get plenty of feedback.
The Data Team
The MealPal data science team is at the core of the company's mission to help people eat intelligently. We use data to drive the product and business forward. Our team is passionate about using their expertise in statistics and predictive modeling to come up with elegant solutions to problems the company faces and anticipates.
As a Data Scientist at MealPal, you'll partner with product, operations, and engineering to gain domain expertise, help the team ask the right questions, provide insight, and build data products. The problem space ranges from understanding what our users will eat next and recommending them meals to how a new restaurant will impact our marketplace dynamics. You'll also help design tests and advise teams on sound statistical practices.
- BA/BS in computer science, statistics, a related field or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Deep knowledge of probability & statistics, predictive modeling, experimental design, and causal inference
- Strong belief that exploratory data analysis is necessary before attempting any solution
- Codes well enough to fool a software engineer from a distance
- Can translate a business problem into a well-formed data problem
- Can communicate results and actionable insights to technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- Must love lunch
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch and dinner
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team