Are you a numbers guru looking to perform strong accounting functions at a high growth startup? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment? As Senior Accountant at MealPal, you will be responsible for all areas relating to day to day accounting operations, reporting and compliance. Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for maintaining strong processes and controls and timely financial statements.
- Responsible for all month end account entries, including revenue recognition, fixed assets, depreciation, accruals, prepayments.
- Manage the revenue recognition for a complex subscription business, ensuring revenue and cost of goods sold are reported accurately each month.
- Responsible for consolidation of MealPal subsidiaries in Netsuite, ensuring timely reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Assist Controller in preparing monthly reporting pack, providing insight to business trends and variance analysis to senior management.
- Monitor accounts payable functions, ensuring that all vendor payments are approved and paid on-schedule, and AP aged balances are reviewed frequently.
- Support the overall finance function by preparing analysis of company spend and account balances, providing accurate information to support business decisions.
- Support the Controller in implementing best practices and procedures around the internal control framework and accounting workflow
- Identify improvements to automate existing processes
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA qualification strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and accounting standards
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working with ERP solutions, Netsuite experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding attention to detail coupled with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch and dinner (of course!)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team