Are you looking for an entry level role at a thriving start-up to build a career in consumer growth? Do you like to learn by doing? Are you outgoing and energetic, with a passion for food tech? If so, MealPal could be the right step for you.
MealPal is an exciting organization focused on helping people eat intelligently. We are a food tech company experiencing hyper-growth with a global presence, operating in over 20 cities in 7 countries.
As a member of the Growth team, you’ll be at the forefront of customer acquisition and local marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to create and own high impact initiatives in and build meaningful relationships and experiences with our community of MealPal users in Toronto.
The Community Associate position is an on-the-ground, super hands-on role at a high-growth tech startup in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have daily face-to-face interactions with our current and future users as well as our restaurants.
- Drive new customer growth within Toronto by managing our on-the-ground marketing initiatives and programs.
- Lead a team of high-performing Brand Ambassadors (this includes working alongside them and distributing flyers to commuters on their way to work!)
- Source, coordinate and host events and lunches at offices and other spaces.
- Distribute and maintain marketing materials to our local restaurants.
- Support administrative and repetitive tasks such as performance tracking, preparing reports and campaign emails, completing payroll and handling marketing collateral.
- Graduated within the past two years from an accredited university or college.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering engaging presentations.
- Takes ownership and has a self-starter attitude.
- Solid understanding of sales, business and marketing concepts.
- Proficiency with common technology tools (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc) preferred.
- Familiarity with the downtown Toronto area.
- Able to carry and lift up to 20 lbs, this is a physically demanding role.
- Previous retail, sales, front-line operation and/or startup experience is a plus!
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Free lunch from the restaurants on MealPal!
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: 7:15a - 4:15p (Mon to Fri)