Love food? Better yet, love talking and writing about food? The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for improving the brand awareness and brand love of MealPal. He/she will focus on conducting North America media outreach, handling media monitoring and reporting, drafting/writing press materials, and coordinating with international PR agencies. In addition, the associate will help with all marketing administrative work and proactively share creative ideas to drive awareness among MealPal’s key audiences (current/future customers, current/future merchants, industry/trade, investors, and the broader business community).
- Communications Planning: Handle research for program development, monitor competitor news, participate in all brainstorms, and proactively suggest new ideas to increase awareness, sales and brand love.
- Media Relations: Develop regional, national and international media relationships. Draft all press releases and pitches for company news, new market launches, product/feature launches, executive positioning, and other activities. Create calendar of creative pitches that can be used throughout the year to drive continual awareness for MealPal, using data, trends, executive stories/insights, and holidays/themes to create newsworthy stories. Suggest opportunities to hijack or react to current news that’s relevant to MealPal, its team, and executives. Help prepare all award entries.
- Influencer Communications: Conduct blogger and social media influencer research and outreach to develop target lists for event invitations and social coverage. Pitch and engage influencers accordingly. Track all results.
- PR Agency Assistance: Coordinate with international PR agencies. Track and manage all account trial, photo and interview requests, attend all agency calls, and assist with day-to-day media and influencer needs.
- Coverage Tracking: Update tracker, create press clippings, and compile weekly, monthly and annual press recaps.
- Event Planning: Assist with all logistics of planning owned and partner events including product samples, branding, materials, staffing, and setup.
- Asset Management: Create and maintain international press kits for each market including organization of imagery and products, and quarterly material refreshes (app images, fact sheets, press releases, team bios, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public relations, advertising, or journalism.
- 4+ years of communications experience either on the agency or client side.
- Incredibly detail oriented, able to multitask, and prioritize/manage requests from multiple team members.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of tools such as MuckRack, Cision, and similar tools a plus!
- Competitive base salary.
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something.
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch.
- Free lunch and dinner - All employees receive a complimentary MealPal account.
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team.