ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM PROFILE
McKinsey.org is an independent non-profit founded by McKinsey & Company in January 2018 to have lasting and substantial impact on complex social challenges. Our first initiative, Rethinking Recycling, aims to dramatically improve recycling systems in cities around the world so that they are truly economically sustainable, socially inclusive, and environmentally beneficial – thus accelerating the transition to a zero-waste, circular economy. We focus particularly on plastics and organics (food and garden waste) in the post-consumer waste stream, which together drive much of the waste pollution crisis and its contribution to local pollution and global climate change.
Our growing, global mission-driven team is looking for a passionate, high-performing Digital Implementation Senior Associate with 5+ years of digital and product experience to join a collaborative program team in Argentina. You will lead the development and execution of digital product strategy for our Rethinking Recycling program in Argentina, working with McKinsey.org colleagues, external staff, and local partners to support our digital product strategy. Join us and apply your passion for technology to create lasting and substantial impact on complex social challenges.
- Support implementation of the digital product strategy, advising teams on technical requirements the team needs to deliver the program, scanning existing solutions and assessing the best fit, becoming the interface between the team and digital solutions/developers and supporting in implementation of the digital tools.
- You will be a core member of the org digital team with responsibilities that range from shaping product vision, strategic designs to managing product development with our partner agile product development teams. In this role, you will engage on some of the most challenging business and operations problems facing our teams on the ground in Argentina. These problems can range from digital process set ups for smoother operations at recycling sorting centers, designing digital process interventions based on analytics from existing operations to end-user facing app development for our waste management operations teams on the ground and businesses and households who would be participating in this service.
- You will typically be driving the problem solving and advising and communicating with our senior stakeholders on how to successful execute on their vision with digital means (e.g., funders, municipality leaders, regulators, senior business leaders), and building buy-in on our digital programs.
- You will be well versed in all aspects of the product, process and technology. You will be at the intersection of business strategy and operations, product design and strategy, user research and testing, and implementation vendors and you'll be responsible for translating abstract visions into reality, while managing our operations teams expectations as well as vendor efficiency.
- You will also be proficient in all aspects of the agile deliverables required for a technology team to build beautiful products. This includes hands on development of storyboards, wireframes, product prioritization, backlog, user stories, product OKRs, monitoring/tracking and commercialization.
- You will lead the implementation of our Operations Platform(a digital software to support the operations of waste management facilities) across several facilities in Argentina, starting with Barrio 31 and Olavarria, during their scale up.
- You will train staff on use of the Operations Platform, manage change resistance and staff concerns, to make sure the platform is embedded in day-to-day operations. Over time, build digital capabilities in staff across several waste management facilities, so that they can run and manage the digital tools themselves.
- You will work closely with our Behavior Change teams to implement changes to our AI based chatbot to continuously train it on new intent/flows.
- You will continuously look for “blue sky” opportunities to improve our existing digital programs beyond BAU improvements through user interviews, observations, and analysis.
- You will coordinate and ensure synergy of the digital roll-out with other workstreams across Rethinking Recycling to ensure timely delivery of key milestones.
- You will be an active ambassador of digital initiatives (including the Ops Platform, chatbot and other new tools) to external stakeholders and within the organization.
- You will be involved in codifying the standard operating processes on the ground, using our digital tools and best practices learnt from our digital programs to ensure replicability and scalability to other cities in Argentina and globally.
We are looking for candidates with Operational, Strategy and Digital product experience to oversee the implementation of the operational platform, chatbot and other digital programs, reporting directly to the Argentina Program Managers (the GIRO program manager and the Scaling manager), with a dotted line reporting to the Global Digital Lead. Sustainability experience is nice-to-have.
Background should include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital product ownership, digital transformation, product launch and rollout, program management, or digital business building. Preferred experience in complex digital build or implementation projects with various stakeholders
- Minimum a Bachelor Education in Environmental Sciences, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical education background
- Professional fluency in Spanish and English required (both written and spoken)
- Track record of establishing credibility and communicating effectively with a broad range of people, from community representatives to senior business stakeholders
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills (e.g., proposing digital solutions for complex problems)
- Experience in relevant issues (e.g., system roll-outs, technology upgrades, sustainability, digital transformation, waste management & recycling)
- Passion for technology innovation – we welcome you to bring in ideas of your own!
- We will give preference for applicants who are based in Olavarría or Buenos Aires; however, we will also accept applicants based elsewhere as long as they are in a similar time zone
- All nationalities are welcome to apply
- We are an equal opportunity employer