M BOOTH HEALTH CAREERS
We’re not your typical agency. In fact, we don’t want to be. At M Booth Health, we take pride in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. Asking the difficult questions and finding unexpected answers. Pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger. Moving beyond imposed limits to break through and create real connection.
We live our brand promise: Choose to Challenge. We're built to help organizations and brands challenge norms, drive results and improve the health and lives of those who need it most.
We believe health communications can change the world. Why? Because we’ve done it before. We’ve been at the forefront of advancing some of the most urgent issues in public health and medicine for decades. Our teams are purpose-built to challenge the status quo and drive results–both for our clients and for the health and well-being of people around the world.
M Booth Health’s growth has allowed for the building of a dynamic team of agency veterans and new talent with a broad range of backgrounds to match our diverse client mix, which is comprised of leading pharma, biotech, device & diagnostics and health tech companies, as well as payors.
Who You Are:
We want people who are just as passionate about health as we are. People who are serious about the work, but not too serious to have some fun while doing it. Candidates who bring big thinking and even bigger ambition; who are willing to push boundaries and challenge norms. And most importantly, who lead with kindness and humanity above all else. Does that sound like you?
The Junior Associate at M Booth Health is a tenacious entry-level communications professional with passion for communications and its power to drive positive changes in healthcare. For this role, we’re looking for a consummate team player. And hopefully you’re looking for a high-visibility role where you have the opportunity to make a real impact.
The Junior Associate participates in a wide range of communications/public relations tasks including conducting research, performing social and traditional media monitoring, developing presentations and other communications materials, analyzing media coverage and online coverage, and conducting outreach to reporters..
The Junior Associate reports to a Senior Associate, but may also work directly with other members of the account team. .
- Build an understanding of client-relevant industry trends and share them with team and/or clients as appropriate
- Assist with research for client projects
- Support day-to-day execution of client projects, flagging potential challenges and opportunities to senior team members
- Become knowledgeable of client priorities and objectives by actively listening on client calls, taking comprehensive notes and creating succinct call agendas and recaps
- Actively participate in internal team meetings and take ownership of project tracking
- Own first drafts of certain client deliverables, in partnership with more senior team members
- Provide operational account support as needed, including meeting logistics and event management
- Build media lists and begin to form relationships with key stakeholders and media outlets to secure coverage
- Support development of social media content and monitor social discussion of clients and priority issues
- Support the distribution and development of media pitches
- Provide daily monitoring of client and competitor coverage
- Manage reporting and tracking documents across accounts and various workstreams
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 0-1 years full-time work experience in a PR, health, science, advocacy, global health or journalism setting preferred; candidates who have internship experience in any of these areas will also be considered
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Passion for understanding or demonstrated interested in healthcare issues and trends
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience with digital and social media tactics is preferred
Yes, you read that correctly. You deserve to know what we have to offer you as well. So here are a few things that define our employee experience at M Booth Health:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity
- A fully hybrid work experience designed to give you the choice around where and how you work best
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) plan, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Paid company holidays, unlimited paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days, and summer hours
- Additional Perks: Paid parental leave, family-building benefit, well-being programs, and commuter benefits
- Salary: $55,000-63,000.
Current and prospective employees are paid within our bands with consideration to a range of factors including but not limited to background, experience, skillset and market demands. A highlight of our benefit offering includes fully paid medical, dental and vision, a rich 401(k) match with immediate vesting and generous paid time off.
Location: Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.