M BOOTH HEALTH CAREERS
We’re not your typical agency. In fact, we don’t want to be. At M Booth Health, we take pride in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. Asking the difficult questions and finding unexpected answers. Pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger. Moving beyond imposed limits to break through and create real connection.
We live our brand promise: Choose to Challenge. We're built to help organizations and brands challenge norms, drive results and improve the health and lives of those who need it most.
Simply put, we believe health communications can change the world. Why? Because we’ve done it before. We’ve been at the forefront of advancing some of the most urgent issues in public health and medicine for decades. Our teams are purpose-built to challenge the status quo and drive results - both for our clients and for the health and well-being of people around the world. We’re experts in all facets of health communications. Skilled and passionate practitioners who want to make a positive impact. And most importantly, we work every day to change the world.
Who You Are:
We want people who are just as passionate about health as we are. People who are serious about the work, but not too serious to have some fun while doing it. Candidates who bring big thinking and even bigger ambition; who are willing to push boundaries and challenge norms. And most importantly, who lead with kindness and humanity above all else. Does that sound like you?
For this role, we’re looking for a consummate team player with a proven understanding of, and interest in, the full spectrum of public health communications – from data reports and survey releases to disease awareness and social determinants of health. And hopefully you’re looking for a high-visibility role where you have the opportunity to make a real impact.
The Director at M Booth Health is a mid-level professional focused on management of complex client projects and day to day team management. The Director has a broad range of strategic communications experience in the public health or medical fields. They manage projects for their primary clients and provide project support to other accounts, as needed, in the areas of oncology, sexual and reproductive health, HIV, and other infectious and non-communicable disease areas. Experience working on global public health campaigns strongly desired.
The Director serves as a visible client contact and provides strategic counsel while spending significant time developing and managing their team.
They are committed to constant growth and work closely with their senior manager to hone skills in leadership, management, client presentation and networking. In this leadership training role, the Director also partners with their senior manager in managing client accounts for growth, supporting lead identification and creating opportunities for staff to contribute to the company’s goals.
This is an ideal position for a motivated and passionate communications professional who has a sophisticated understanding of the health and media environments. The Director reports to a Vice President or a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
What You’ll Do:
Account & General Management
- Develops and manages projects related to every aspect of agency services, including strategies, implementation plans, staffing, timelines, communications materials, evaluation tools and budgets
- Serves as a day-to-day contact on client accounts
- Provides strategic counsel to both clients and staff with substantial autonomy
- Creates and tracks project work plans and budgets to ensure timely completion and quality of client deliverables
- Spends significant time drafting and editing client deliverables
- Organizes and attends client meetings and supports the development and delivery of client presentations
- Manages top-tier reporter and media relationships and outreach
- Manages project teams and ensures the agency’s full resources are maximized
- Manages and mentors the team’s Senior Associates and junior staff
- Participates in hiring, assessment and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and conducts staff reviews for direct reports
- Partners with senior manager to hone skills in leadership, management, client presentation techniques and networking
Financial & Administrative
- Manages client account budget development and monitoring of financial performance
- Manages overall workflow for significant projects and client deliverables
- Ensures clients are invoiced in a timely manner
- Assists in preparing regular account check-ins with clients and presents accomplishments and plans for the next period
- Partners with senior management team in the development of client revenue projections, managing accounts for growth and lead identification
What You’ll Bring:
- 6-8 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare, public health and/or pharmaceutical communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience working on global public health campaigns
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Superb management skills – balancing discipline with flexibility
- Capacity to motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- Political savvy and a strong sense of professional and personal ethics
- Experience managing budgets
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to grow existing accounts and pursue leads for new ones
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience developing digital and social media strategies essential
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish not required but preferred
Yes, you read that correctly. You deserve to know what we have to offer you as well. So here are a few things that define our employee experience at M Booth Health:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity
- A fully hybrid work experience designed to give you the choice around where and how you work best
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) plan, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Paid company holidays, unlimited paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days, and summer hours
- Additional Perks: Paid parental leave, family-building benefit, well-being programs, and commuter benefits
- Salary: $105,000-135,000
Current and prospective employees are paid within our bands with consideration to a range of factors including but not limited to background, experience, skillset and market demands. A highlight of our benefit offering includes fully paid medical, dental and vision, a rich 401(k) match with immediate vesting and generous paid time off.
Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.