M BOOTH HEALTH CAREERS
We’re not your typical agency. In fact, we don’t want to be. At M Booth Health, we take pride in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. Asking the difficult questions and finding unexpected answers. Pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger. Moving beyond imposed limits to break through and create real connection.
We live our brand promise: Choose to Challenge. We're built to help organizations and brands challenge norms, drive results and improve the health and lives of those who need it most.
Simply put, we believe health communications can change the world. Why? Because we’ve done it before. We’ve been at the forefront of advancing some of the most urgent issues in public health and medicine for decades. Our teams are purpose-built to challenge the status quo and drive results - both for our clients and for the health and well-being of people around the world. We’re experts in all facets of health communications. Skilled and passionate practitioners who want to make a positive impact. And most importantly, we work every day to change the world.
Who you are:
We want people who are just as passionate about health as we are. People who are serious about the work, but not too serious to have some fun while doing it. Candidates who bring big thinking and even bigger ambition; who are willing to push boundaries and challenge norms. And most importantly, who lead with kindness and humanity above all else. Does that sound like you?
For this role, we’re looking for a consummate team player with a proven understanding of, and interest in, the full spectrum of public health communications – from data reports and survey releases to disease awareness and social determinants of health. And hopefully you’re looking for a high-visibility role where you have the opportunity to make a real impact.
The Senior Associate (SA) at M Booth Health is a curious, passionate and experienced communications professional with expertise in public health or medical issues and a sophisticated understanding of communications and public affairs. The SA is a capable project manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and client matters with a high degree of independence. They are expected to have a keen understanding of the health and medical landscape and experience working on relevant client issue in the areas of oncology, sexual and reproductive health, HIV, and other infectious and non-communicable disease areas. Should also have experience working on global health issues.
The SA serves in a general project manager role with intense focus on daily account deliverables and managing and mentoring the junior members of the client team. The SA is responsible for behind-the-scenes account management and for the production and presentation of a range of communication materials including press releases, talking points, key message documents, strategy memos and presentations.
The SA also engages in agency-wide initiatives, including hiring and assisting in strategy development involving new projects or issue areas.
The SA reports to a Vice President or Director and assists senior staff in the management and development of junior staff.
Account & General Support
- Develops and manages client projects including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing, budgets and timelines
- Partners with Director or VP to drive development of creative concepts
- Develops a range of client materials, including memos, press releases, talking points, and backgrounders that require minimal edits; writes, edits and directs the production of brochures, presentations, reports and collateral materials
- Develops effective digital and social media strategies for clients
- Oversees media monitoring strategies and analysis of coverage for patterns and trends
- Anticipates and provides valued input and assistance in developing solutions to client needs and problems
People Development & Initiative
- Manages and mentors the team’s Associates and Junior Associates
- Participates in hiring, assessment and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and conducts staff reviews for direct reports
- Delegates effectively and routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues
- Uses talents of colleagues in problem solving and assists peers whenever possible
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve and routinely contributes in team, staff and client meetings
- Proactively works with managers to identify and address training, leadership and personal career development needs
Financial & Administrative
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors effectively
- Oversees the development and distribution of invoices and activity reports
- Follows up with clients on financial and other administrative issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-6 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare, public health and/or pharmaceutical communications
- Experience working on global health issues
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the health and medical landscape and communications practices
- Project and budget management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience with digital and social media strategy
Yes, you read that correctly. You deserve to know what we have to offer you as well. So here are a few things that define our employee experience at M Booth Health:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity
- A fully hybrid work experience designed to give you the choice around where and how you work best
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) plan, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Paid company holidays, unlimited paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days, and summer hours
- Additional Perks: Paid parental leave, family-building benefit, well-being programs, and commuter benefits
- Salary: $76,000 - 104,000
Current and prospective employees are paid within our bands with consideration to a range of factors including but not limited to background, experience, skillset and market demands. A highlight of our benefit offering includes fully paid medical, dental and vision, a rich 401(k) match with immediate vesting and generous paid time off.
Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.