We’re not your typical agency. In fact, we don’t want to be. At M Booth Health, we take pride in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. Asking the difficult questions and finding unexpected answers. Pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger. Moving beyond imposed limits to break through and create real connection.
We live our brand promise: Choose to Challenge. We're built to help organizations and brands challenge norms, drive results and improve the health and lives of those who need it most.
We believe health communications can change the world. Why? Because we’ve done it before. We’ve been at the forefront of advancing some of the most urgent issues in public health and medicine for decades. Our teams are purpose-built to challenge the status quo and drive results–both for our clients and for the health and well-being of people around the world.
M Booth Health’s growth has allowed for the building of a dynamic team of agency veterans and new talent with a broad range of backgrounds to match our diverse client mix, which is comprised of leading pharma, biotech, device & diagnostics and health tech companies, as well as payors.
Who You Are:
We want people who are just as passionate about health as we are. People who are serious about the work, but not too serious to have some fun while doing it. Candidates who bring big thinking and even bigger ambition; who are willing to push boundaries and challenge norms. And most importantly, who lead with kindness and humanity above all else. Does that sound like you?
For this role, we’re looking for a consummate team player with a deep and proven understanding of the full spectrum pharmaceutical marketing and communications – from product milestones to disease awareness and corporate reputation. And hopefully you’re looking for a high-visibility role where you have the opportunity to make a real impact.
The Junior Associate at M Booth Health is a tenacious entry-level communications professional with passion for communications and its power to drive positive changes in healthcare.
The Junior Associate participates in a wide range of communications/public relations tasks including conducting research, performing social and traditional media monitoring, developing presentations and other communications materials, analyzing media coverage and online coverage, and conducting outreach to reporters.
The Junior Associate generally reports to an Associate or Senior Associate but may also work directly with other members of the account team.
Account & General Support
- Effectively utilizes both internal and external research capabilities – including use of the web, media monitoring services, media databases and other communications resources in order to monitor and analyze media coverage for clients
- Evaluates and analyzes information and data (including media coverage) in the development of succinct and accurate summaries
- Develops media lists and other reports
- Arranges meetings and events
- Monitors social media and proposes relevant social media tactics
- Drafts client emails, article summaries, monitoring reports, client call agendas and recaps
- Researches a wide variety of issues/topics to support program development and execution – from current clinical guidelines for a chronic disease to social influencers who discuss a relevant healthcare or disease issue
Team Development & Initiative
- Possesses personal judgement and knows when to seek advice from others
- Participates actively in team and staff meetings
- Takes initiative in setting career path and learning professional skills
- Works with manager to identify and address training, education and skill building needs
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues
- Effectively uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving
Financial & Administrative
- Prepares well-documented and thorough activity reports
- Completes timesheets and other administrative reports in a timely manner
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 0-1 years full time work experience in a PR, health, science, advocacy, global health, or journalism setting preferred; candidates who have internship experience in any of these areas will also be considered
- B.A. required
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Critical and creative thinker
- Passion for understanding and/or demonstrated interested in public health issues and trends
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience with digital and social media tactics is preferred
Yes, you read that correctly. You deserve to know what we have to offer you as well. So here are a few things that define our employee experience at M Booth Health:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity
- A fully hybrid work experience designed to give you the choice around where and how you work best
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) plan, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Paid company holidays, unlimited paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days, and summer hours
- Additional Perks: Paid parental leave, family-building benefit, well-being programs, and commuter benefits
- Salary: $55,000-63,000
Current and prospective employees are paid within our bands with consideration to a range of factors including but not limited to background, experience, skillset and market demands. A highlight of our benefit offering includes fully paid medical, dental and vision, a rich 401(k) match with immediate vesting and generous paid time off.
Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.