We’re not your typical agency. In fact, we don’t want to be. At M Booth Health, we take pride in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. Asking the difficult questions and finding unexpected answers. Pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger. Moving beyond imposed limits to break through and create real connection.
We live our brand promise: Choose to Challenge. We're built to help organizations and brands challenge norms, drive results and improve the health and lives of those who need it most.
We believe health communications can change the world. Why? Because we’ve done it before. We’ve been at the forefront of advancing some of the most urgent issues in public health and medicine for decades. Our teams are purpose-built to challenge the status quo and drive results–both for our clients and for the health and well-being of people around the world.
M Booth Health’s growth has allowed for the building of a dynamic team comprised of agency veterans and new talent with a broad range of backgrounds to match our diverse client mix, which is comprised of leaders in pharma, biotech, device & diagnostics, health tech and payors.
Who You Are:
We want people who are just as passionate about health as we are. People who are serious about the work, but not too serious to have some fun while doing it. Candidates who bring big thinking and even bigger ambition; who are willing to push boundaries and challenge norms. And most importantly, who lead with kindness and humanity above all else. Does that sound like you?
As Director of Scientific Communications, you’ll serve as our resident science guru - a trusted counselor and doer who will drive M Booth Health’s science voice. That means living at the forefront of translating complex science in ways that make it relevant and actionable for our clients and the world. Working closely with the Marketing Communications Practice, the Strategy team and the Creative function, you will help build, articulate and deliver the unique MBH perspective on science communications in new and differentiating ways.
Reporting into the Chief Impact Officer, you’ll work to drive scientific rigor around our new business and client work. That means actively pitching, getting deep into the day to day of our clients and thinking bigger about positioning and possibilities. And remember those powerful critical, analytical and organizational skills from the lab or research environment? They’ll be needed - even heralded - here, as you bring together people from different parts of the agency and help us achieve our ultimate mission: to improve the health and lives of people around the world.
- Analyze, interpret and translate the latest medical, clinical and scientific data for different audiences, including our clients, our staff, healthcare providers, advocates, policy makers, people impacted by disease and more.
- Lead client strategies in science communications, and oversee/develop/implement client programming along with others at MBH
- Analyze our existing client landscape and develop a working knowledge of existing client scientific strategies and storylines - and look for opportunities to deepen and further understanding of this science inside and outside the agency.
- Both develop and/or review scientific content and materials for clients or the agency, including press materials, creative assets, social/digital programming and more.
- Play a critical role in new business/business development, including research, identifying marketing opportunities, insights mining and more. Includes helping with presentation development, and delivering successful new business presentations to client prospects.
- Through partnership with account teams and clients and through a scientific communications lens, identify potential opportunities for organic growth of existing business or new territories with existing clients.
- In partnership with Agency leadership, grow the existing scientific communications function, identify and lead opportunities for thought leadership and expansion.
- Nurture and grow a team dedicated to scientific communications within the agency.
- Become a science resource for others at the agency, and be involved in training and development opportunities to improve scientific literacy throughout the agency.
- Be a nice human who is collaborative, hard-working and dedicated to helping make the world better for people impacted by disease.
- Advanced Degree (PhD, PharmD)
- 6+ years of prior healthcare experience in an agency setting (including advertising, PR or medical education)
- In-depth knowledge of the current medical and scientific literature environments with a keen ability to research, analyze and derive insights from complex information
- Creativity is a must - demonstrate skill in storytelling when it comes to scientific communications. This includes the ability to lay out information in a truly compelling way appropriate to different audiences.
- Client experience forging relationships with key stakeholders in different divisions, including Medical, Regulatory, Commercial, Communications and others.
- Deep understanding of the regulatory environment in the US
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work streams at the same time
- A proactive problem solver, always looking tackle big challenges and have big wins
- Both a team player and a self-starter - with a drive to succeed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of agency tools to deliver work to clients (including, Microsoft Office [Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.], Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom and others.
A few things to know as you’re applying:
- Team is everything. We pride ourselves on being ego-less (or close to it). If you like being part of a supportive and selfless group of people, you’ll fit right in.
- Intellectual curiosity is rewarded, even more than raw intelligence. If you love to read, consume media, tinker and make cool things, we’d love to chat.
- A sense of humor helps. We take our jobs very seriously, but we do not take ourselves very seriously. If you do not have a sense of humor, please don’t apply (kidding, kind of).
What We’ll Bring:
Yes, you read that correctly. You deserve to know what we have to offer you as well. So here are a few things that define our employee experience at M Booth Health:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity
- A fully hybrid work experience designed to give you the choice around where and how you work best
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) plan, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Paid company holidays, unlimited paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days, and summer hours
- Additional Perks: Paid parental leave, family-building benefit, well-being programs, and commuter benefits
Location: Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, and Washington D.C.
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.