We’re not your typical agency. In fact, we don’t want to be. At M Booth Health, we take pride in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. Asking the difficult questions and finding unexpected answers. Pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger. Moving beyond imposed limits to break through and create real connection.
We live our brand promise: Choose to Challenge. We're built to help organizations and brands challenge norms, drive results and improve the health and lives of those who need it most.
We believe health communications can change the world. Why? Because we’ve done it before. We’ve been at the forefront of advancing some of the most urgent issues in public health and medicine for decades. Our teams are purpose-built to challenge the status quo and drive results–both for our clients and for the health and well-being of people around the world.
M Booth Health’s growth has allowed for the building of a dynamic team of agency veterans and new talent with a broad range of backgrounds to match our diverse client mix, which is comprised of leading pharma, biotech, device & diagnostics and health tech companies, as well as payors.
WHO YOU ARE:
The Vice President (VP) is a senior professional focusing on overall client account and team leadership. The VP serves in a client counsel role advising on the planning and execution of high-impact health campaigns and communications strategies. The VP has a broad range of experience in strategic communications, strategic messaging, and positioning, and has media/stakeholder contacts in the health area. The VP also possesses superb diplomatic and client relations skills and has an energetic and flexible management style. The VP manages substantial portions of one of the firm’s largest accounts focusing on areas including HIV/AIDS, STDs, hepatitis, TB, and mental health, and provides guidance to other accounts as needed in the areas of infectious diseases, immunization, oncology, and maternal and child health.
The VP also manages select company initiatives and partners with their senior manager to hone their skills in high-level strategic counsel, business development, networking, and development of company staff and resources.
This is an ideal position for an intelligent, motivated, and passionate senior communications professional who has a sophisticated understanding of health and media environments. The VP reports to a member of the senior management team (Senior VP or Executive VP).
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Account & General Management
- Develops and manages projects related to every aspect of agency services, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing, timelines, material development, and budgets
- Holds responsibility for senior account relationships – serves as day-to-day contact for senior client contacts
- Provides strategic counsel to clients with minimal oversight and guidance from the senior management team
- Creates and tracks project work plans and budgets to ensure timely completion and quality of client deliverables
- Ensures quality of client deliverables
- Organizes and attends client meetings and leads on developing and delivering client presentations
- Leads on top-tier media outreach strategies
- Leads project teams and ensures the agency’s full resources are maximized in areas including multicultural strategy, research, and creative
- Manages and mentors the team’s Directors, Senior Associates, and junior staff
- Participates in hiring, assessment, and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and conducts staff reviews for direct reports
- Builds and maintains high-level contacts with current and prospective clients and other business and project partners to drive active new business pipeline
- Partners with the senior management team in hosting agency engagement events and/or attending networking opportunities
Financial & Administrative
- Manages budget development and monitoring of financial performance for client accounts
- Responsible for client account workflow and follow-up
- Invoices clients in a timely manner
- Contributes to the development of company revenue and staffing projections and shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for growth
- Assists in preparing regular account check-ins with clients and presents accomplishments and plans for the next period
- Responsible for business development with existing clients and supports new business efforts including presentations and lead identification
- 8-10 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy, or communications setting with deep experience in healthcare, public health, and/or pharmaceutical communications–with an emphasis on infectious diseases, including and especially HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, STDs, and TB
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Intelligent, strategic and creative thinker
- Superb management skills – balancing discipline with flexibility
- Capacity to motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- Political savvy and a strong sense of professional and personal ethics
- Experience managing budgets
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to grow existing accounts and develop new ones
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products; sense of humor
- Experience developing digital and social media strategies essential
Yes, you read that correctly. You deserve to know what we have to offer you as well. So here are a few things that define our employee experience at M Booth Health:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity
- In-house integrated specialists who help account teams deliver the most impactful work
- A fully hybrid work experience designed to give you the choice around where and how you work best
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) plan, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Paid company holidays, unlimited paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days, and summer hours
- Additional Perks: Paid parental leave, family-building benefit, well-being programs, and commuter benefits
Salary Range: $136K - $185K. Current and prospective employees are paid within our bands with consideration to a range of factors including but not limited to background, experience, skillset and market demands. A highlight of our benefit offering includes fully paid medical, dental and vision, a rich 401(k) match with immediate vesting and generous paid time off.
Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.
M Booth Health is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.