Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Junior Associate at M Booth Health is a tenacious entry-level communications professional with passion for communications and its power to drive positive changes in healthcare.
The Junior Associate participates in a wide range of communications/public relations tasks including conducting research, performing social and traditional media monitoring, developing presentations and other communications materials, analyzing media coverage and online coverage, and conducting outreach to reporters.
The Junior Associate generally reports to an Associate or Senior Associate but may also work directly with other members of the account team.
Account & General Support:
- Effectively utilizes both internal and external research capabilities – including use of the web, media monitoring services, media databases and other communications resources in order to monitor and analyze media coverage for clients
- Evaluates and analyzes information and data (including media coverage) in the development of succinct and accurate summaries
- Develops media lists and other reports
- Arranges meetings and events
- Monitors social media and proposes relevant social media tactics
- Drafts client emails, article summaries, monitoring reports, client call agendas and recaps
- Researches a wide variety of issues/topics to support program development and execution – from current clinical guidelines for a chronic disease to social influencers who discuss a relevant healthcare or disease issue
Team Development & Initiative
- Possesses personal judgement and knows when to seek advice from others
- Participates actively in team and staff meetings
- Takes initiative in setting career path and learning professional skills
- Works with manager to identify and address training, education and skill building needs
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues
- Effectively uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving
Financial & Administrative
- Prepares well-documented and thorough activity reports
- Completes timesheets and other administrative reports in a timely manner
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 0-1 years full time work experience in a PR, health, science, advocacy, global health, or journalism setting preferred; candidates who have internship experience in any of these areas will also be considered
- B.A. required
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Critical and creative thinker
- Passion for understanding and/or demonstrated interested in public health issues and trends
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience with digital and social media tactics is preferred
WHAT WE’LL BRING:
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.