Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
VP, SOCIAL IMPACT
M Booth Health is seeking a highly driven, passionate and creative vice president to help grow M/Pact, our specialty social impact practice. The VP, Social Impact, would serve as a deputy to the head of our social impact practice, and would contribute to the agency’s new business strategy and help to coordinate global partners in addition to providing direct counsel to M/Pact clients.
M/Pact is M Booth’s cross-agency specialty social impact practice that helps companies and organizations articulate their purpose and tell stories of their impact. We work with clients to create campaigns that drive attention to the issues that they care about – from the environment to racial and gender equity to human rights – and elevate their experts as thought leaders in the process.
We understand that making the world a better place requires sparking tough conversations and connecting allies across movements. And addressing systemic and structural barriers requires an understanding of their root causes. Our team of marketing and communications experts includes veteran science, policy and advocacy leaders in the U.S. and around the world who bring passion, creativity and diverse perspectives to help our clients achieve their vision of a healthier, just and more equitable planet.
Our passion areas include Racial, Ethnic and Gender Equity, Environment and Sustainability, Health Equity, Human Rights and Development, Food Security.
The ideal VP, Social Impact candidate is a senior-level communications professional with the demonstrated ability to advance advocacy goals and campaigns, deep issue area expertise in one or more of our passion areas, and experience working across and leading diverse teams. Global experience and foreign language skills are highly desirable.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Help to manage a portfolio of M/Pact clients, liaise with colleagues across M Booth Health and our consumer-focused partner agency M Booth, manage our network of global partners, and pursue new business opportunities including designing nonprofit advocacy campaigns, leading corporate responsibility initiatives and advising philanthropic institutions and their grantees.
The VP, Social Impact will be responsible for applying firm-wide resources, providing excellent client service, cultivating the staff assigned to the accounts and managing the business in a profitable, growing manner. The VP, Social Impact will be a company leader, with the ability and expectation to deliver on the company’s vision, performance requirements and growth projections, as well as helping to lead the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This position also is a fit for someone who can play a significant role in business development, talent development, and helps meet the agency’s financial performance goals.
Account & General Support
- Helps to build a robust new business strategy focused on expanding the agency’s work with new social impact clients, including corporate social responsibility campaigns, foundations, nonprofit health and rights organizations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key client contacts.
- Helps to coordinate and manage the agency’s global network of partner agencies and freelancers.
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing, timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Counsels clients with minimum top cover.
- Maintains and grows existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Leverages full resources of the firm.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and clients.
- Leads in articulating and applying agency vision and resources.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for developing new/expanded business across company offices.
People Development & Initiative
- Participates with senior managers in hiring, assessment and career development activities.
- Help lead the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identifies strengths and areas of growth opportunity for team members, providing counseling on job performance and career development at appropriate.
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Manages staff to maximize productivity and individual, team and financial performance.
- Leads in monitoring and ensuring staff well-being.
Financial & Administrative
- Handles budget development and monitors financial performance for accounts.
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections and shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency growth/profitability.
- Attends and assists in preparing regular account “check-ups” with clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next period.
- Manages client invoicing and remittance process in accordance with client contracts.
- Manages financial performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains database of potential clients and new business opportunities.
- Leads growth of existing accounts.
- Identifies and participates the pursuit of new business opportunities within and across practice areas.
- Develops and directs new business program development and presentations.
- Delivers strong analytical, strategic and conceptual contributions to new program development.
- Presents new business presentations in an effective, persuasive manner.
- Participates in professional or other relevant organizations to build awareness of the firm.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 8-10 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in advocacy, social justice, and/or human rights campaigns and initiatives (e.g. climate justice, public health, gender rights, immigration, worker rights, or related fields)
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to grow existing accounts and pursue leads for new ones.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Cultural fluency and experience living or working internationally; Spanish and/or French fluency highly desirable (not required)
- Depth of knowledge of the global media landscape
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Intelligent, strategic and creative thinker
- Excellent presentation, writing and editing skills
- Experience in digital and social media strategies
- Superb management skills and capacity to motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- Experience with account and agency financial management
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products; sense of humor
WHAT WE’LL BRING:
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings:
A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Direct access to agency leadership
- The opportunity to join an early stage practice area and help define and shape the work
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited Vacation, Mental Health, Personal, and Sick Days, and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.