Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
Who You Are:
The Senior Associate (SA) is a curious, passionate and experienced communications professional with expertise in global health issues and a sophisticated understanding of communications and public affairs. Consumer or other public relations experience and a knowledge of global health will also be considered. The SA is a capable project manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and client matters with a high degree of independence. They are expected to have a keen understanding of the health and media landscape. Experience working in the areas of global treatment access, national or international health policy, viral hepatitis, HIV, oncology and/or other infectious and non-communicable disease areas is preferred.
The SA serves in a general project manager role with intense focus on daily account deliverables and managing and mentoring the junior members of the client team. The SA is responsible for behind-the-scenes account management and for the production and presentation of a range of communication materials including press releases, talking points, key message documents, strategy memos and presentations.
The SA also engages in agency-wide initiatives, including hiring and assisting in strategy development involving new projects or issue areas.
The SA reports to a Vice President or Director and assists senior staff in the management and development of junior staff.
Account & General Support
- Develops and manages client projects including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing, budgets and timelines
- Partners with Director or VP to drive development of creative concepts
- Develops a range of client materials, including memos, press releases, talking points and backgrounders that require minimal edits; writes, edits and directs the production of brochures, presentations, reports and collateral materials
- Develops effective digital and social media strategies for clients
- Oversees analysis of media coverage and shares these with clients
- Anticipates and provides valued input and assistance in developing solutions to client needs and problems
People Development & Initiative
- Manages and mentors the team’s Associates and Junior Associates
- Participates in hiring, assessment and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and conducts staff reviews for direct reports
- Delegates effectively and routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues
- Uses talents of colleagues in problem solving and assists peers whenever possible
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve and routinely contributes in team, staff and client meetings
- Proactively works with managers to identify and address training, leadership and personal career development needs
Financial & Administrative
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors effectively
- Oversees the development and distribution of invoices and activity reports
- Follows up with clients on financial and other administrative issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-8 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare, global health, health policy and/or pharmaceutical communications
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the global health and media landscape and communications practices
- Project and budget management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints, and manage own time, particularly in a remote environment and communicate progress with teammates
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products
- Experience with digital and social media strategy
WHAT WE’LL BRING:
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Direct access to agency leadership
- The opportunity to join an early stage practice area and help define and shape the work
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited Vacation, Mental Health, Personal, and Sick Days, and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.