Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Seeking an intelligent, passionate and experienced communications professional with expertise in public health or medical issues and a sophisticated understanding of communications and public affairs.
The Senior Associate (SA) is a digitally native, mid-level professional who is a capable project manager and can handle a wide range of assignments, projects and client matters with a high degree of independence. The SA is expected to have a keen understanding of the health and medical landscape and experience working on relevant client issues. The SA serves in a general project manager role with intense focus on daily account deliverables and managing and mentoring the junior members of the client team. The SA is also responsible for behind-the-scenes account management and for the production and presentation of a range of communication materials including press releases, media pitches, talking points, key message documents, strategy memos and presentations. The SA also engages in agency-wide initiatives, including interviewing new team members, agency marketing and new business activities. The SA reports to a Vice President or Director and assists senior staff in the management and development of junior staff.
Account & General Support
- Develops and manages client projects including implementation plans, metrics reporting, staffing, budgets and timelines
- Provides insights and input into strategic counsel and strategy documents
- Partners with Director or VP to drive development of creative concepts
- Develops a range of client materials, including memos, press releases, talking points, social media content and backgrounders that require minimal edits; writes, edits and directs the production of brochures, presentations, reports and collateral materials
- Develops effective digital and social media activities for clients
- Oversees media monitoring strategies and analysis of coverage for patterns and trends
- Anticipates and provides valued input and assistance in developing solutions to client needs and problems
People Development & Initiative
- Manages and mentors the team’s Associates and Junior Associates, reinforcing value of team work
- Participates in hiring interviews, assessment and career development opportunities
- Identifies professional development opportunities for team members and assists in staff reviews for direct reports
- Delegates effectively and routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues
- Uses talents of colleagues in problem solving and assists peers whenever possible
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve and routinely contributes in team, staff and client meetings
- Proactively works with managers to identify and address training, leadership and personal career development needs
Financial & Administrative
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors effectively
- Oversees the development and distribution of invoices and activity reports
- Follows up with clients on financial and other administrative issues
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 4-6 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare, public health and/or pharmaceutical communications
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Intelligent, strategic and creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the health and medical landscape and communications practices
- Project and budget management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products; sense of humor
- Experience with digital and social media strategy
WHAT WE’LL BRING
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.