Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Seeking an intelligent, passionate communications professional with experience in public health or medical issues and an understanding of regulated communications.
The Associate is a digitally native, mid-junior level professional who can independently implement work on behalf of our clients and is responsible for the execution of communications strategies, drafting materials such as media pitches, reports and social media content, and overseeing media monitoring. The Associate researches a wide range of health issues for current clients and new business pitches and account administration and logistics activities. The Associate strives to develop expertise in health and medical issues and communication strategies to serve our clients. The Associate reports to a Senior Associate and assists in the professional development of Junior Associates.
Account & General Support
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contacts, managing projects performed with and by others and supervising Junior Associates
- Liaises with outside vendors (graphic designers, photographers, web developers) to develop client materials
- Drafts documents such as client memos, backgrounders, summaries and social media posts
- Oversees media monitoring activities of junior staff and drafts and edits media summaries and analyses
- Understands social media strategies and proposes effective tactics
- Implements or manages implementation of events, production, media briefings and media tours
People Development & Initiative
- Works effectively in a team while building supervisory skills, including overseeing the day-to-day project work of Junior Associates
- Demonstrates initiative in defining and proposing ways to advance the team, agency and/or client interests
- Takes initiative in building professional skills and knowledge and works with manager to identify and address training and education needs
- Participates actively in team and staff meetings and recommends solutions
- Builds expertise in particular health and/or communication functional areas
Financial & Administrative
- Understands billing and activity reporting processes; helps track expenses incurred on behalf of clients
- Prepares activity reports
- Completes timesheets and other administrative reports in a timely manner
- Supports management of account budgets, accounting for the team’s monthly activities, tracking deliverables, managing team calendars, schedules and other administrative duties as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 2-4 years of experience in a PR, global health advocacy or communications setting
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Intelligent, strategic and creative thinking
- Passion for understanding and demonstrated interested in public health issues and trends
- Organization and attention to details, ability to produce accurate documents quickly in fast-paced environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work product; sense of humor
- Experience with digital and social media strategy
WHAT WE’LL BRING
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.