Who We Are:
We are experts in catalyzing conversations and connections that lead to better health for people everywhere.
At M Booth Health, we bring a unique mix of professional health and consumer connectors to every challenge. Our specialists have deep expertise and success navigating the complex commercial, policy and advocacy environments, and we are dedicated to achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes resulting in near perfect client satisfaction ratings year after year.
We believe that better health starts with better conversations. Let’s talk.
M Booth Health is seeking a highly driven Vice President who is a strategic thinker and a passionate health communications professional who can create and analyze programs with a keen understanding of the health media landscape. This person will oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products and help solve challenges on behalf of our clients. This ideal candidate is a digitally native, senior-level professional focused on developing and managing major accounts or departments, building and delivering business, and helping to manage the human and financial resources of the agency. This seasoned professional will have broad-based strategic communications experience in the medical field and can independently manage programs and client accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Vice President will be responsible for applying firm-wide resources, providing excellent client service, cultivating the staff assigned to the accounts and managing the business in a profitable, growing manner. The Vice President will be a company leader, with the ability and expectation to deliver on the company’s vision, performance requirements and growth projections, as well as helping to lead the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This position also is a fit for someone who can play a significant role in business development, talent development, and helps meet the agency’s financial performance goals. The Vice President reports to Senior Vice President and/or Managing Director.
Account & General Support
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key client contacts.
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing, timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Counsels clients with minimum top cover.
- Maintains and grows existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Leverages full resources of the firm.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and clients.
- Leads in articulating and applying agency vision and resources.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for developing new/expanded business across company offices.
People Development & Initiative
- Participates with senior managers in hiring, assessment and career development activities.
- Help lead the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identifies strengths and areas of growth opportunity for team members, providing counseling on job performance and career development at appropriate.
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Manages staff to maximize productivity and individual, team and financial performance.
- Leads in monitoring and ensuring staff well-being.
Financial & Administrative
- Handles budget development and monitors financial performance for accounts.
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections and shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency growth/profitability.
- Attends and assists in preparing regular account “check-ups” with clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next period.
- Manages client invoicing and remittance process in accordance with client contracts.
- Manages financial performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Leads growth of existing accounts.
- Identifies and participates the pursuit of new business opportunities within and across practice areas.
- Develops and directs new business program development and presentations.
- Delivers strong analytical, strategic and conceptual contributions to new program development.
- Presents new business presentations in an effective, persuasive manner.
- Participates in professional or other relevant organizations to build awareness of the firm.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 8-10 years of experience in a PR, health advocacy or communications setting with experience in healthcare, public health and/or pharmaceutical communications and an understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Depth of knowledge of the health and/or medical media landscape
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Intelligent, strategic and creative thinker
- Excellent presentation, writing and editing skills
- Experience in digital and social media strategies
- Superb management skills and capacity to motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- Experience with account and agency financial management
- Entrepreneurial skill and ability to grow existing accounts and pursue leads for new ones
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and dedication to exceptional work products; sense of humor
WHAT WE’LL BRING:
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Direct access to agency leadership
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.