Who We Are
At M Booth, we are a culture-first communications agency that attracts the best people and the best brands to a workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity. We are relentlessly passionate about our clients and their business, whether that means staying at the forefront of the digital and social evolution, sharpening our earned storytelling skills or unleashing game-changing insights that result in campaigns that win in the marketplace. We invite you into our world of creativity, ideation, and communication. Come Be Inspired...Come work with us at M Booth.
We are looking for someone to join our growing team in Chicago. We believe in creativity, being nimble, moving quickly to capitalize on opportunities and delivering exceptional work to our clients. A successful candidate will be hungry to learn and grow in the CPG space, supporting breakthrough press efforts on a team that blends digital expertise with a robust influencer and PR discipline.
All candidates should bring at least 5-7 years’ experience and ideally expertise in the lifestyle industries helping to manage multiple accounts, as well as mentoring and managing a team.
What You’ll Do:
As Account Supervisor, you’re a team leader helping run critical pieces of the business. You’ll manage complex projects, lead and inspire reports, and serve as a client counselor on the PR, partnerships, events/experiential and influencer programming fronts. You’re expected to be tenacious in motivating teams, inspiring clients as you go above-and-beyond to understand their business and managing up in an effective manager to senior leadership.
- Actively provide strategic counsel and be strategic voice for the client
- Strive for excellence in client service
- Build strong relationship that establishes trust with PR and brand team client
- Lead weekly calls with clients
- Design workplans for programs and manage all workstreams
- Poke holes in team initiatives and ensure work output is the best it can be (of self and team members)
- Build multi-level media relations strategies, leveraging expertise in the field to understand how to break through and bring strong results
- Juggle multiple workstreams, clients, projects and deadlines
- Review and edit documents, collateral, etc. with minimal supervision; ensure all team work is client-ready before going to the clients
- Lead program execution, navigating client approval processes
- Own more complex elements of project management, such as integration/collaboration with partners, vendors, etc.
- Problem-solve quickly and smartly when issues arise
- Create and track budgets + KPIs
- Attending in-person client meetings to drive forward work and build client relationships
- Experience working closely with IAT partners
- Direct and manage the work of SAE’s, AE’s AAE’s, AC’s and Intern
- Coach in real-time and provide actionable feedback and guidance to add value to teammate and the work
- Be motivational and inspiring, implementing ideas that help build culture
- Challenger of status quo and a problem solver for the team – helps team find solutions
- Provide program development support, including material development (from decks to memos to emails)
- Including but not limited to product launch moments, influencer campaigns, strategic partnerships and more
- Strong ability to write a compelling deck that will tell a story and sell in ideas to clients
- Contribute ideas that deliver on briefs and jobs-to-be-done
- Organize teammates and horizontals on planning path forward
- Contribute to brainstorms
- Provide off-the-cuff ideas that aren’t part of planning (relevant, in-the-know nuggets that teams and clients can run with to WIN when it comes to cultural relevance).
What You’ll Bring
- Solid foundation in public relations – both traditional media and digital
- Proven ability to lead projects and communications; experience driving events and partnerships
- Skilled in motivating teammates and helping them grow
- In touch with cultural and industry trends
- 5-7 years of experience on the PR agency side
- Experience managing a team of 2-3 direct reports
- Experience and/or passionate about CPG
- The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in consumer marketing specifically: traditional public relations, large integrated programming, social strategy, and influencer marketing (paid and organic)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Travel is required from time-to-time (within reason and barring pandemic set-backs)
What We’ll Bring
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings as an M Boother:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.